Hood hinges with bolt on extended cowl hood

Evil_Regal

Amateur Racer
Aug 10, 2004
Philly, PA
pages.prodigy.net
Wondering what you guys are doing with your hood hinges when using an extended cowl hood. My VFN hood goes almost all the way to the windshield so you cannot open it up that much. I'm thinking of making some sort of custom hinge but wanted to see what other people have done, if they have.
14332_1301276330899_1200164522_30902930_3420325_n.jpg

El Camino Junkie

Amateur Racer
Apr 15, 2007
WALTERS, OK
If you could figure out a way to make the hood slide forward when you release it, and then raise it, it would be best. Otherwise all I can think of if filpping the hood to the front, but that does not give you much room to work on it should you need to.

Evil_Regal

Amateur Racer
Aug 10, 2004
Philly, PA
pages.prodigy.net
Yeah, I was considering several options, including a hinge that would "telescope" forward and lock in place after being raised to allow for the extra clearance. We'll see. Still looking to see if someone else has done this before.

El Camino Junkie

Amateur Racer
Apr 15, 2007
WALTERS, OK
I saw a real nice all steel flip nose on an old coupe at a car show in my home town last summer. IT was pretty cool the way he had it set up. I will see if I can find my pics of it and see if you think you can modify it some to do just the hood. The car has a hood release inside that you pull, and when you pulled it the whole nose popped forward about 4 inches then you could flip it forward for the bottoms of the fenders to clear the doors. I was going to use it to make my 46 hearse into an all steel flip nose, but the shop burned down with my hearse in it. If you could make it pop just your hood forward on slides, and then flip back it would be pretty sweet.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts