Holes on the bumpers

Alexander

Frequent Racer
Oct 23, 2009
Iceland/Norway
How do I fill the holes and how to I get the same chrome finish as the rest?
The bumpers with no holes, are they just aftermarket or are they "custom"?
Im talking about the holes for the rubber(I don't want it on there)

img0191sq.jpg

Ribbedroof

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2004
Rural Oklahoma
The stripless bumpers were OE, too.

Probably gonna be tough in your neck of the woods to get a rechrome, but that's where I'd start.

There's ebay, but have heard some negativity about a couple of the sellers of bumpers on there.

Alexander

Frequent Racer
Oct 23, 2009
Iceland/Norway
I'd really like to try getting it done here, I've heard great stuff about powdercoating on wheels here so I might try that

When I purchase bodyparts from USA to Iceland the price nearly triples.. just one front spoiler(M-80 style) is around 480 bucks with the part, shipment, toll and everything

Wile E

Dragway Regular
Aug 11, 2003
Central WISC
Wow..good luck with that. The regular "holeless" bumpers were also stock like Ribbedroof said. I see them now and then at the salvage yards. I also had the rubber strip bumpers and hunted down a set of plain ones for my car. I've seen used and re-chromed ones on flea bay, but shipping $$ would probally ruin that idea. Guess you could weld up the holes and then grind them smooth, but then you would have to strip (sandblast) the rest of the bumper to get it re-chromed or coated. Finding parts over there has got to be a challange. Good luck.

Alexander

Frequent Racer
Oct 23, 2009
Iceland/Norway
Yeah that was my idea
There is no problem for me to weld, grind and then sand and I will look into the costs of the powdercoating
It's probably what I'll end up doing, but all in time.. that is not high on the to do list at the moment

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
Doing some weld buildup is fine, but talk to your chromers first! Usually they will want you to leave a little extra so they can do the finish prep. If you go even just a little to shallow in one area with the grinding, it takes them a LOT more work to get it up to flush.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!