light weight springs for fibaerglass hood?

Redcutlass

Amateur Racer
Sep 28, 2003
Ft Walton Beach FL
Does anyone know who offers lightweight hood springs for a g-body fiberglass hood? You'd think the people who make these hoods would have these available but I haven't found any so far. Any alternative ideas would be greatly appreciated.

toxicbu

Frequent Racer
Feb 25, 2009
romeoville il
s10 hood prop. i use a hood rod from a u hall truck.

Malibu 361

Dragway Regular
Jan 11, 2007
Queens,NY
Try up22.com (unlimited Fiberglass) they sell them ... \:D/

mean78malibu

Dragway Regular
Mar 15, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA and Philly Area
I have never found the type of springs like the factory hinges use for a fiberglass hood yet. I am interested in this also. I got the normal lightweight springs, but they don't just go on the hinges. Need the coil/tension type like the factory hinges utilize.

Malibu 361

Dragway Regular
Jan 11, 2007
Queens,NY
elcamino814 said:
^^^ thats where i got mine, along with my hood and fenders, wasnt pleased with the products tho.

Seems like the only good thing they had were the springs...Hood was crap.. ](*,)

elcamino814

Amateur Racer
Nov 21, 2009
Beecher,illinois
they have the right springs at up22.com. yea my hood was ok, not the best. but i was really pissed about my fiberglass fenders. the driverside didnt have enough resin and the matting was showing, just more work to do i guess. and for anybody looking to get glass fenders,DONT!, their a pain in the *ss to get to fit and you have to modify the hood hinges and fender to make a pin on hood work, big pain!

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts