Floorpan replacement

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
I'm seriously considering replacing the complete floor pan in the Father/Son Project Malibu. This is a bigger job than I want to tackle, so what's the going rate for replacing the complete floorpan? My wallet is hurting just thinking about it! 8-[ Here's a floorpan that Sherman has (710-46CF):

sherman_710-46cf.JPG

kevind

Dragway Regular
Jan 7, 2009
Whitley City KY
I have never done one in a Gbody but I have done some 67-69 Camaros. I would guess 500-600 on a Camaro if the interior is out and the subframe bolts will come out. Will it fit without taking the body off the frame? It has to get in there some way.

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
kevind said:
I have never done one in a Gbody but I have done some 67-69 Camaros. I would guess 500-600 on a Camaro if the interior is out and the subframe bolts will come out. Will it fit without taking the body off the frame? It has to get in there some way.

I'm not sure if it will fit in without lifting the body off the frame?? I guess I need to talk to a few body shops to get an idea.

mr.melon

Weekend Racer
Nov 9, 2009
Harvey.IL.60426
i had a previos qoute done before on my old t-type and they say it would be about roughly $800-$1000 due to the complete floor pan has to have the body lifted to have it properly fitted

kevind

Dragway Regular
Jan 7, 2009
Whitley City KY
That what I was thinking it wouldn't fit with the body on the frame. For $800-$1000 maybe I should start doing them.

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
At this point of the project, I believe I will just get the left and right pieces. I really don't want to even think about pulling the body off the frame at this point. The left and right pans will do more than a good job to replace the damaged areas. I should be able use those without pulling the frame, right??

PHO19174_F.jpg

PHO19173_F.jpg

kevind

Dragway Regular
Jan 7, 2009
Whitley City KY
They should go without pulling the frame. If You want it to look like the floor pan hasn't been patched then the complete floor is alot easier.

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
Yeah, if I was really going to do it "right", I would. But, since this car is going to be driven a 17 year old, that may be wrecked at any given time, so the patch will work fine. ;)

gstock8732

Dragway Regular
Jan 21, 2009
Jersey
yea, i put that floor pan in before..u will have to partially lift the body up. not off.. that front mount has to be knocked off. and re welded.. as for the middle mount aswell..if it comes out freely u should be fine.... mine was a curse_sign.gif ..

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts