help!

Pockitz

Weekend Racer
Nov 23, 2009
Tinley Park, IL
need help everybody, im new to the g-body scene and i have a 80 malibu, it currently has a 8.5 10 bolt w/ an 8'' rim my question is can i fit a 10'' rim if i notch the frame and what would be the proper backspace? the rearend is stock length from what i can tell, also are wheel tubs (mini-tubs) needed to do this? i currently have a 265-60-15 on the car but as i said id like to run a 10'' rim with a 28x10x15 slick

also id like to put fiberglass bumpers on the car, (at least the front) is the only way to do this to remove the bumper filler? or if possible can it be kept? id like to keep it, also does anybody have pics of how they mounted theirs?

ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!

heres a pic or two of how it sits so you guys can maybe help?
whitebu022.jpg

whitebu4.jpg

whitebu023.jpg

sorry these questions may sound alittle dumb but ive always built foxbody mustangs so this is a new avenue to me. thanks again!

bukweet

Top Fueler
Mar 22, 2005
Mississippi Gulf Coast
Search the wheel and tire forum and I'm sure you will find an answer for the 10'' wheel question.

Hit the search box with fiberglass bumper and likewise you should find several posts on bumper mounting. There have been quite a few discussions on that issue over the years.

Welcome to the best G-body site on the web. 8)

bukweet

bukweet

Top Fueler
Mar 22, 2005
Mississippi Gulf Coast
Only thing I see wrong with your 'Bu.....it's parked in the wrong driveway! :lol:

bukweet

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts