Malibu Racing LIVES!

GP403

Administrator
Aug 14, 2019
Rolla, MO
MalibuRacing.com
Hey everyone. GP403 here. I know what you're thinking.

WTF HAPPENED TO MR?!

Well, its the same, except it just looks a little different, especially for the time being. I had to get the board software updated to get it to run on the new server, so the old style wouldn't work with the updated software.... had to pick something similar and here we are. Yes, I will work on customizing it and making it seem more familiar. Don't worry.

As for the day to day of the forum here, I do NOT intend on changing anything, at least not yet. I really don't know the dynamics of the site, I do recognize a LOT of the usernames from GBodyForum, so maybe you guys can let me know what the rules written and unwritten are, etc.

Any active mods in the house maybe do the same, I'd really appreciate it.

Basically carry on. Yes I know its different for now, and it'll morph into something more familiar.... and then we'll start really bringing it into 2019.

MR is dead! Long live MR! dancin_banana.gif dancin_banana.gif

GP403

Administrator
Aug 14, 2019
Rolla, MO
MalibuRacing.com
This should also be the official "Oh BLAST what doesn't work" thread. I'll start.

If you're looking for the "new posts" etc. there's a stupid little button/drop down just to the left of "Forums" at the top of the page. Looks like four horizontal lines. That's where the author of this theme thought to put that. Ugh. So much to change....

You might notice e-mails from the site getting dropped, which means notifications, etc. .... Unfortunately this is expected, and I'll get this up and running with AWS so that shouldn't happen.

more to come, for sure.

GP403

Administrator
Aug 14, 2019
Rolla, MO
MalibuRacing.com
OK so first off, is anyone particularly married to this whole "Dark" theme thing going on? I mean, if it were to get swtiched to a lighter, black-on-white type of deal would it be the end of the world? I'd have no problem keeping it "dark" if that's what people want. Maybe give people an option of either.... hmmmmm.

shoedoos

Amateur Racer
Jan 10, 2008
Thanks for keeping the lights on.....no matter what color you choose I am thankful.....

motorhead

Amateur Racer
Dec 19, 2003
Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Well done, Sir!

GP403

Administrator
Aug 14, 2019
Rolla, MO
MalibuRacing.com
OK so I *think* finally got the https:// bit squared away. Hopefully it redirects fine and doesn't make you log in constantly now. Still looking for a decent style that doesn't have obvious things hidden ](*,) lame_sign.gif

Let's also make this the "hey we should do this now" thread. So if you have any suggestions or complaints or any ideas about stuff that needs to change, I'm all ears.

GP403

Administrator
Aug 14, 2019
Rolla, MO
MalibuRacing.com
oh and a HUGE thanks to Phillip for handing me the keys to this thing, basically no questions asked. I know first hand how a site like this is the same as one of your kids or pets or your first G-Body. So much gratitude. The plan is to keep it going in its current form for a while. Like I said above though I'm listening to you guys as to where it goes next.

rfpowerdude

Daily Driver
Apr 10, 2005
Palm Bay, Fla
Wow Chris, thanks for taking this on. Even though I have a Cutlass, I found a lot of good G bod info on here over the last 13 years or so.

oldtinsmith

Dragway Regular
Jun 14, 2010
Auburn, Michigan
As some of you know, I had a "Cerebral Hemorrhage" a little over a year ago and it has a effect on my brain word function to a very small amount ( less than one percent!). If you all can put up with longer than usual reply times from me, I'll try to post/reply here more often! Malibu Racing was my first Forum, so I'll do my best to keep it up and running!... Thank you GP403!

Doug

Longroof79

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 10, 2004
Gainesville, Fla.
Thank you, Chris, for all your hard work and keeping this site afloat. It's much appreciated. It obviously needed a new transfusion. =D>

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!