Mater Cylinder to Proportioning Valve Line

jburnley

Mar 23, 2009
Palm, PA.
GM G body 79 I am considering going to steel flex lines between master cylinder and frame mounted proportioning valve (GM OEM), less than 14” in length. Master cylinder (GM OEM for year) has ½-20 IFF female fitting & 9/16-18 IFF female fitting. I can locate 3 AN steel brake line to run between, but I am looking for the adapters. Has anyone done this conversion? I have seen a few photos from time to time of the conversion.

jmerc

Amateur Racer
Sep 23, 2009
staten island, ny
I just did a major relocation job on my proportioning valve and line lock. I moved everything up to mount alongside the master cylinder. Needed a bunch of different fittings and my local speed shop didnt have what I needed so I went over to AutoZone. The clerk took me right to the back stock area where they had tons of break lines, fittings and adaptors. He let me look through it all and figure out what I needed. I actually got everything right on the first trip except that I forgot 1 coupling. Not sure of what exactly you need but if your near an AutoZone it may be worth a trip. Good Luck

Canadian-T-Bone

Dragway Regular
May 25, 2003
Abbotsford,B.C.
Thanks for the info Jmerc , going to do the exact same thing here shortly .

madmaxx57

Amateur Racer
Oct 5, 2010
DURAND IL
i have just replaced my brake system, it seems all the box auto parts have the same display..lol..i was at a-zone, orielly, and advance to get the adapters i needed..interesting on my second trip to advance the guy behind the counter said he didnt carry any..lol..i had to inform him otherwise..real nice...lol...when i went it seems they only had 2 of ea fitting..(or just one)..good luck!

355_79bu

Dragway Regular
Dec 13, 2005
Cotter, AR
These are the fittings I used to do the same thing you are doing. http://www.speedwaymotors.com/AN-to-IFM-Adapter,6460.html?parentDisplayId=6462

They even have a good deal on pre-made -3 braided lines.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
The proportioning block in my '92 Sierra is just under the master cylinder... is that something like what you're talking about?
DSC06468.jpg

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!