I want to upgrade brakes but have belltech spindles on

Imasslvr

Mar 18, 2012
I was wondering has anybody else used the belltech drop spindles before and upgraded the disc and caliper?I know to do the b-body swap you use the spindle also but in my case what can be done to make them bigger while staying with me spindles.

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
The only thing you can do is cut the "ears" off your drop spindles, machine your rotors down to only a hub, use slip on rotors and PBR 2 piston C4 'Vette calipers. That's your only choice with stock spindles or stock aftermarket drop spindles.

bigbadbu

Pro Stocker
May 5, 2008
East Hartford
www.facebook.com
Or sell the drop spindles to fund an s10 blazer set up

78_Elky

Pro Stocker
Mar 9, 2005
Oregon
smlblk78.onlineshowoff.com
Your other option could be to cut off the ears and turn down the rotor to a hub and use a set of brakes and calipers from a 98-02 Camaro with an adapter plate for the calipers...I have drop spindles and am in the same boat as you. I don't have the funds to do the swap right now but it will work. I have looked at the stock spindles and the drops side by side and it will work. Also I have a '98 Camaro and have played around with the parts while they were off the car. The biggest issue for me is that I have 15" rims with nice new rubber so don't want to go out and spend more on some 16" or larger rims.
Jess

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
Same thing I said but with Camaro parts.....

78_Elky

Pro Stocker
Mar 9, 2005
Oregon
smlblk78.onlineshowoff.com
StreetBu said:
Same thing I said but with Camaro parts.....
I know they are the same, just giving some options for him...plus if you tell the parts guys you want camaro parts they sometimes are less expensive even if they are the same as the vette parts.

Bratly51

Dragway Regular
Dec 3, 2003
Joliet, IL
Buy Summit's dual piston, factory replacement calipers. Same price. Here is the link. Just wait till they go on sale.
I have been thinking the same thing.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-BK181/

rsh4364

Dragway Regular
Aug 12, 2011
greensprings,ohio
agree with bratly51,i installed these last spring and im still amazed, mine are red and say summit on one and ssbc on inside,also went with summits crossdrilled slotted rotors, alum. dual piston and factory size rotors less weight..

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts