Old Centerline style wheels- satin or polished?

loneagle

Amateur Racer
Sep 23, 2004
Eugene, Oregon
malibu.jpg

I've been looking at these wheels from Summit and I'm having a hard time deciding. :? The satin ones come with a clearcoat finish, which would be zero maintenance. The polished ones sure are pretty!

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?N=400304+322182+115&autoview=sku

MEGABU

Top Fueler
Aug 20, 2007
Blue Island, IL
with polished aluminum, all you need is a couple coats of plain old carnauba car wax before you mount tires on 'em. that'll seal 'em up & keep 'em from gettin' crusty & changin' colors on ya. you can maintain it every time you wax your car, just give 'em another go-over. i like using solid wax initially, then the spray stuff thereafter.

loneagle

Amateur Racer
Sep 23, 2004
Eugene, Oregon
Thanks ! Thats what I did with the Welds on my Nova. It been over a year now and they still look good! As long as I can keep the cat out of the garage, he likes to pee on wheels. It takes alot of patience to deal with animals! :)

MEGABU

Top Fueler
Aug 20, 2007
Blue Island, IL
yeah, plus you got salt spray comin' in off the pacific, right? i know those sea winds can carry that saltwater mist inland for a couple hundred miles, eh?

loneagle

Amateur Racer
Sep 23, 2004
Eugene, Oregon
No, thats not a problem here! Just lots of rain!

loneagle

Amateur Racer
Sep 23, 2004
Eugene, Oregon
Right now, the shiny ones..but that might change!

MEGABU

Top Fueler
Aug 20, 2007
Blue Island, IL
the satin autodrags always looked better to me on older cars, like pre-77 muscle-era cars. i like the polished ones much better on later model cars, prob'ly cuz they really set off the boxiness of our cars nicely. but that's just my opinion. ;)

loneagle

Amateur Racer
Sep 23, 2004
Eugene, Oregon
Got the new wheels installed today. Went with American racing Outlaw I

newwheels.jpg

100_2088.jpg

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!