Fuel pump wiring question...

Malibu 361

Dragway Regular
Jan 11, 2007
Queens,NY
This is for a secondary pump that will be dedicated to my nitrous.I will turn it on/off via a Moroso switch panel with the built in breaker.My question is, should I still run a relay setup like the Painless kit or will I be good to wire it directly to the switch? (through the breaker of course)...Thanks

NEW2MALIBU

Dragway Regular
Mar 5, 2007
idaho
I just wired mine off of my nitrous arming switch, fed thru a 10 amp fuse. When I turn the switch on it energizes my nitrous control circuit and turns the fuel pump on.

NEW2MALIBU

Dragway Regular
Mar 5, 2007
idaho
The nitrous arm switch is 30 amps. My solenoids run off of a relay and are fed off of a different circuit.

slimbo

May 21, 2007
www.yellowbullet.com
Always use a relay.

Jaypaso

Amateur Racer
Jan 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
i agree with slimbo the relay will reduce the initial pull on the system and provide extra security

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
+3. I highly recommend using a relay. I also suggest doing as others said, and connect relay to the nitrous master power switch. This will ensure that you have the fuel pump running when nitrous is engaged. If you wire it to a separate switch, you could possibly forget to turn on the supplemental pump, causing major damage to the engine when the nitrous is released. JMHO.

Malibu 361

Dragway Regular
Jan 11, 2007
Queens,NY
Thanks guys,bought the Painless relay setup for the fuel pump. As for the pump not going on ,I will be putting a pressure switch inline and wiring it to the Nitrous solenoid..No pressure ,no spray...

slimbo

May 21, 2007
www.yellowbullet.com
stay away from a hobbs switch for n2o activation....they fail...

westexun

Frequent Racer
Dec 27, 2008
I just got done with about 90 percent of the wiring in my race car. I have a black panel where the radio used to be with two cheap switches in it and a couple of l.e.d.s to let me know when something's on. I also went with the switches with the flip up red covers to make sure nothing's on by accident. The left switch sends power to one side of a relay that has the other side of the coil straight to ground, that relay will power a Holley blue for the nitrous only. It also has another hot wire to one side of another relay that will have the ground for the coil switched with the wot on the carb. That way there's no way to forget to turn the fuel pump on with the juice. The other switch in the panel makes and breaks a relay in the trunk for a bottle heater. It'll have a fused feed off the backside of the main disconnect switch. Most of the rest of the car will run off of an ARC eight circuit relay board and touch panel. I didn't like a long run of wire for the BG 400 in the trunk so the relay board makes another relay in the trunk that'll have a 12 ga. fused feed off the back of the master switch also. It all seems overkill but I hope to not have wireing problems doing it that way.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts