AFTERMARKET WIRING HARNESS

LIVE4RDO

Frequent Racer
Jul 21, 2010
Staten Island, NY
Hey crowd. Thanks to Sandy, I might need to re-wire the Bu. Is there an aftermarket harness made for our cars or could be modified for our cars?

Don't feel like using another factory one, no matter how nice, they are 30 + years old.

Thank you.

78_Elky

Pro Stocker
Mar 9, 2005
Oregon
smlblk78.onlineshowoff.com
I used a fuse block that came with 20 circuits and a ton of wiring. I got it off of ebay about 5 years ago and it worked great. All the wires have the circuit label printed onto them every foot or so. I want to say it was called EZ2Wire or something, whatever it was the cost was great. I think I paid less than 175 for it. I also redid all the sockets and most of the factory terminals while I was at it. I had a factory fuse block start to short and do weird stuff and I never wanted to buy another with them being so old. I mounted it in the factory position, but it is a lot smaller. It also has a larger wire coming in from the battery and it helps to not overload the circuitry. Overall it was a nice upgrade.
Jess

LIVE4RDO

Frequent Racer
Jul 21, 2010
Staten Island, NY
Any more suggestions?

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
One from Painless will probably work. I don't know if the bulkhead from the same era Camaro/Firebird is the same but they make a direct-fit harness for them. You may be able to have them make one with the bulkhead, leave the wiring un-terminated, and include the proper connectors so you can put it all together at home.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!