fan controller/relay set-ups

bigbadbu

Pro Stocker
May 5, 2008
East Hartford
www.facebook.com
What are you guys using? I want something simple and clean I would build my own but I think I am over thinking the situation. any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Rob

2doorBu

Frequent Racer
They also have some others out there. But this had a lead the tied into the a/c compressor so it would run when called upon and also allowed for 2 fans instead of one. If I remember they had a single unit one with no a/c for less money.

nillabu

Dragway Regular
May 16, 2008
St. Cloud, Minnesota
It isn't exactly pretty and haven't figured out how I'm covering it yet. It's functional though. I control both the radiator fan and the trans cooler fan through relays. One relay for the trans "lock up" and the other two for the headlights.

July2013002_zpsd2b8894d.jpg

RatMalibu

Pro Stocker
May 21, 2003
Rolla, Mo.
www.fidnet.com
I bought a mini block by Bussman from Waytek wire....it has space for 5 mini relays and 10 fuses. I'm running a relay for fuel pump, hi-beams, lo-beams, and one for each fan....with a fuse for each and 5 extra fuse slots for future use. I'm just using a GM fan switch for a '92 Camaro in the Dr head to turn the fans on and off for now (I have a Holly commander 950 in a box that has a fan controller built in.... that will get installed someday)
fusebox.jpg

nillabu

Dragway Regular
May 16, 2008
St. Cloud, Minnesota
Wayyy nicer looking than mine Rat. Wheather tight also. You must have bought all the seals n connectors? How about the crimping tool or will a regular crimp pliars work?

Steve

RatMalibu

Pro Stocker
May 21, 2003
Rolla, Mo.
www.fidnet.com
I already had the old style weather-pac crimp tool that worked for the seals (used to work at a GM dealer) I bought the crimp tool for the new style connectors and the seals and connectors from way-tek also....kinda sucked because they were in a bulk pack....so I've get a few extra lol...the fuse block was only around $25...I think everything else was $50-60 (not counting crimp tool)

RatMalibu

Pro Stocker
May 21, 2003
Rolla, Mo.
www.fidnet.com
I see they now have a bussman block that has 10 relay and 40 fuse slots.....almost makes me want to rewire the car....almost lol

nillabu

Dragway Regular
May 16, 2008
St. Cloud, Minnesota
RatMalibu said:
I see they now have a bussman block that has 10 relay and 40 fuse slots.....almost makes me want to rewire the car....almost lol

:lol: same here........almost! ](*,)

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts