6.2 from 08 Escalade

Bubuseventy8

Dragway Regular
Jul 26, 2003
Springfield, TN
facebook.com
Motor is a 6.2l from an Escalade and has the DoD and I don't intend on keeping it. I'm working on a small budget since we're building 2 engines this winter and looking for a T56 in the process also. I've got an LS1 intake manifold and oil pan available and all the truck pulleys. I am told I need to use the Camaro/Trans am front accessories. I plan on building it to get it running and then make improvements. All I'm getting is the block,heads, cam and crank with factory oil pan. Thoughts, Warnings, Opinions all welcome. I don't expect this to be a quick build but I'm getting a really good deal on the motor itself, so it was hard to pass up.
-Collin

Kevin Williams

Amateur Racer
Aug 12, 2003
Autryville,NC
www.angelfire.com
LS1 Intake wont work on a 6.2. The Ls1 has catherial ports and the 6.2 (l92) has rectangle ports.

79loserbluebu

Frequent Racer
Jun 15, 2009
Illinois-60491
x2 keep the L92 intake anyways you're gonna want that with the L92 heads. I say drop it in as it is, CTS-V oil pan, BRP mounts, and your choice of headers and your golden. You'll probably want to end up using those LS1 front accessories with your car but the truck ones will still work.

Bubuseventy8

Dragway Regular
Jul 26, 2003
Springfield, TN
facebook.com
k..The LS1 was a freebie i had lying around. I didnt think it would work but wasnt completely sure. I don't plan on using the A/C..car hadnt had it since 82 why put it on now.
any recommendations on the wiring. Painless or factory preferences?

B.G.

Amateur Racer
Sep 12, 2008
Seymour, Wisconsin
Bubuseventy8 said:
k..

In My Opinion
If your going to run injection, I suggest sspwiring.com they can either build you a harness from scratch, or send them yours and they will modify it to fit your needs including a tune that works! Located in Arizona.
Or you can take suggestions from a 19 year old kid that still uses a distributor :-k that got the engine from his dad, he probably knows all the in's & out's about an LS swap.

B.G.

Amateur Racer
Sep 12, 2008
Seymour, Wisconsin
Bubuseventy8 said:
I was specifically referring to the Painless Wiring wiring harness. I have no wiring at this point. starting from scratch.
Starting from scratch, I've used 2 painless kits myself and they are fool-proof. clearly marked wires along the entire length, plugs that actually fit, factory like fusebox, nice stuff.

79loserbluebu

Frequent Racer
Jun 15, 2009
Illinois-60491
B.G. said:
Bubuseventy8 said:
k..

In My Opinion
If your going to run injection, I suggest sspwiring.com they can either build you a harness from scratch, or send them yours and they will modify it to fit your needs including a tune that works! Located in Arizona.
Or you can take suggestions from a 20 year old kid that still uses a distributor :-k that got the engine from his dad, he probably knows all the in's & out's about an LS swap.

I'm sorry? :roll:

blubaldmontess

Dragway Regular
Oct 3, 2005
Clarksville, TN
I can suggest not using the BRP motor mounts, only because with a truck intake they set the engine high and give little to no hood clearance room. Yes to the ctsv oil pan though. If you want to replace the intake with a car intake, the ones off of the ls3s should work well. Painless is a great kit, but really pricey. If you want to try it another way, I'd scour the sponsors over on ls1tech to see who can give you the best deals. I'd also look at http://www.speartech.com and see what they can do for you. The camaro motor, I'd sell it to make the money back to get what you want for your motor. Good luck in your build

LT1_Malibu

Amateur Racer
Jan 19, 2006
Greenup, Kentucky
The aftermarket wiring harness would be a good way to go, but if your wire savvy enough you could buy a factory harness and save yourself some $. I have a factory harness and you'll end up cutting out about 50% or more the wiring b/c its wiring that goes to either emissions sensors, ABS, or something other than the crucial engine sensors that you'll need.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!