be afraid... kind of afraid

MISFITmalibu63

MalibuRacing Junkie
Feb 21, 2004
The Sticks... Tewksbury MA
so, i decided to start collecting parts to toss in a 6.0/4L80E into the wagon. I bought some books to start reading, and have a friend who has done 12 LS swaps.

i have some reading to do...

IMG_1689.jpg

hopefully i can find a LQ4, due to its compression, swap in a lower profile intake, add a turbo, and have some fun.

i apologize in advance if i ask too many questions.

sbmalibu

Frequent Racer
Oct 5, 2009
north judson indiana
Sounds like a solid plan. Any idea on turbo size selection? If you can fit the truck intake without the cover on it you can smooth and paint them and make them look not terrible.The cover over the intake is usually what hits. And the truck intake is better than the ls1.

MISFITmalibu63

MalibuRacing Junkie
Feb 21, 2004
hahahaha.... the BBC is still in the 2 door and running great. changed the carb to an 850, upped the jets in the plate, so hopefully i can get a 10 sec pass out of it!

the wagon is getting the makeover. i want fuel economy with power, so i may not end up using turbo's, and just stick with a plain LS swap. already located an 8.5" from a 56,000 mile GN, and am picking it up on sunday

malicad

Dragway Regular
Dec 8, 2009
South Milwaukee, WI
Good luck with the swap. I'm currently working on mine. Got my 6.0L LQ9 back from the machine shop a couple weeks ago, and I'm in the process of trying to find an accessory drive that will work. I don't want to use the truck style accessories, and the other GM stuff just looks too plain for me. Be aware that the iron blocks are missing an important hole in the block that the aluminum blocks have, and that will prevent the use of most, if not all, of the aftermarket accessory drives. I've been in contact with March Performance pulleys, and none of their systems will work on the iron truck blocks. I guess the same can be said for Billet Specialties and the others out there. I'll figure something out. I may just go with a Camaro/Firebird setup, and hope everything fits.

455_82malibu

Pro Stocker
May 19, 2006
WISCONSIN
if your putting a turbo on it, no use for the higher price 6.0, a 4.8 or 5.3 will work just fine. even with a basic th350 i get 20 mpg so the overdrive is kinda a waste and more $$$

80Grand_LeMans

Dragway Regular
Jun 4, 2008
Peabody MA
I would stick with the turbo. Drive it nice and easy and you wont be gobbling gas. But let the turbos kick and and have fun when you want 8)

MISFITmalibu63

MalibuRacing Junkie
Feb 21, 2004
i think im leaning more towards a 6.0/4l80e. i'v never messed with fuel injection, overdrive and basically everything im getting into. i should start with the basis before i start getting fancy with turbo's

80Grand_LeMans

Dragway Regular
Jun 4, 2008
Peabody MA
True, but it would just suck to do all that work, then want turbo's and have to basically change everything for the fi

deathrattle

Weekend Racer
Jul 31, 2005
plymouth,MA
hey mike if you got any questions give nick or myself a call. converting a factory harness is quite easy and cheap! if you need a hand i just opened my own shop in plymouth

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!