LS1 T56 question

80bu

Dragway Regular
Aug 19, 2004
Oak grove,mo
I am having issues with my t56 grinding going into 3rd gear, would it be easier to seperate the trans from the bellhousing to pull it that way or just pull the bellhousing and trans together?

bigmandengo

Weekend Racer
Apr 22, 2010
madison, wi
80bu said:
I am having issues with my t56 grinding going into 3rd gear, would it be easier to seperate the trans from the bellhousing to pull it that way or just pull the bellhousing and trans together?

Yes, I find it easier to leave the bellhousing attached to the engine and remove just the transmission. No reason to mess with the clutch and bellhousing if they're working fine. The t56 to bellhousing bolts are not inside the bellhousing. The front cover bolts are on the front, but im sure if your removing the front cover you want the transmision removed.

80bu

Dragway Regular
Aug 19, 2004
Oak grove,mo
bigmandengo said:
80bu said:

Yes, I find it easier to leave the bellhousing attached to the engine and remove just the transmission. No reason to mess with the clutch and bellhousing if they're working fine. The t56 to bellhousing bolts are not inside the bellhousing. The front cover bolts are on the front, but im sure if your removing the front cover you want the transmision removed.
I am removing the trans because of the the 2nd gear syncho. I will just remove the trans, sounds like it's easier.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!