Ls swap mounts, oil pan combo

dinosport

Daily Driver
Jul 21, 2015
I think I want to go with the Holley mounts, better shot of clearing the A/C box plus drive line angle is better from what Ive heard, They aren't but a few bucks more than the dirty dingo so why not, but I'm not sure I want to pay an extra 200 bucks for an oil pan from them unless I have no choice, so wondering if anybody has ever tried a different oil pan in a gbody with the Holey mounts?
Im looking at Holley part number 12643HKR for the mounts btw

malicad

Dragway Regular
Dec 8, 2009
South Milwaukee, WI
I have the complete Holley LS swap kit, including the mounts, trans cross member, ceramic manifolds, Holley motor mount clamshells, and 302-2 oil pan. Other pans might fit, but they WILL hang below the engine's cross member. The Holley 302-2 pan will be flush, and possibly even above the engine cross member. Why risk the life of your engine for a couple hundred bucks? Remember, aluminum pans BREAK if they hit something, not dent, like a steel pan will. There goes your oil, and subsequently, your engine. I don't know about you, but I'd rather protect my 5K engine by using the correct $300 oil pan.

dinosport

Daily Driver
Jul 21, 2015
Ok no more oil pan or mount questions, I bit the bullet and ordered the Holley mounts and oil pan, Thanks guys

malicad

Dragway Regular
Dec 8, 2009
South Milwaukee, WI
Glad to hear. Only thing I don't like about my Holley pan is the big "made in China" stamp. Oh well. Is anything American anymore?!?!

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!