Wiseman79's LS1 build

wiseman79

Top Fueler
Dec 18, 2004
Central Virginia
www.performancetech.net
Well it begins. Since this is going in the vette I'm limiting the thread to the motor build itself. Follow along if you care, maybe you'll learn from my impending mistakes :p

Here's the block, freshly machined with stock crank, all ARP bolts going in...
motor.jpg

Here's the stock ported heads, new valves and springs...
heads.jpg

Mahle pistons and callies rods...
rods.jpg

Piles of other new and not so new parts, hopefully everything to get this thing together. Parts worth noting are Comp lifters, pushrods, and rockers, ported Melling oil pump, Performance dampener. Using F-body pan and accessories. Not sure if I'm going to try A/C, I'm converting to a manual rack and pinion, but keeping the steering pump for a hydoboost setup.
stuff.jpg

And here's what's going behind it, a built 2004R by BTO with 2600rpm converter and all necessary parts for the conversion.
trans.jpg

59RAT

Frequent Racer
Nov 18, 2007
Port Saint Lucie Fl.
Looks like a great start to some fun. Why only a 2600 stall, cam maybe? I just changed the one in the wagon out to a higher stall from 2500 (too tight). Rod

wiseman79

Top Fueler
Dec 18, 2004
Central Virginia
www.performancetech.net
59RAT said:
Looks like a great start to some fun. Why only a 2600 stall, cam maybe? I just changed the one in the wagon out to a higher stall from 2500 (too tight). Rod
Well I got that because when I ordered the trans 6 weeks ago or so the plan was to put it behind the mild 350 in the car now. Of course the simple overdrive upgrade has grown. I may swap the converter to play nice with a bigger cam. I won't be using the one I got with this package deal, it would kill street manners. Anybody want a brand new HUGE cam? Info below...

Thunder Racing Custom Camshaft
T-ReX v.2 - 242/248 - .608/.612 - 110 lsa 3500-6700 RPM Power Band. Violent mid-range & high RPM power. Requires computer tuning, 4000+ converter on autos, 4.30's or greater depending on transmission. Works very well with nitrous and proper tuning. Due to the fast ramp rate of this camshaft, the use of 1.8 rockers is not recommended. Due to the extreme nature of this camshaft, piston to valve clearance must be verified when using modified cylinder heads.

A

Anonymous

you would love the sound of that cam in your motor ](*,)

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!