6.0 with 350 trans do I need a different flex plate ???

Rundeep66

Frequent Racer
Oct 28, 2003
Chicago
Do I need a spacer for the crankshaft to extend the flywheel. Can I just use some washer to make up the space. The articles say I may nee a new flywheel is this true. Thanks

wiseman79

Top Fueler
Dec 18, 2004
Central Virginia
www.performancetech.net
There was an article in Car Craft that detailed this well. I set it aside since I'll be facing the same issue when I get a little further in my swap as I'm using a 200-4r in my swap. I'll see if I can find it. Anyway I doubt you can just stack washers, if you look at this spacer you'll see it is tapered and more intricate than simply a spacer or washer. I'm sure that intricacy serves a purpose.
hup-hp3795_w.jpg

Roller406Bu

Frequent Racer
Sep 10, 2003
Elizabethtown Ky
I kept the stocker on mine, 02 6.0...used a tci specific convertor...

Rundeep66

Frequent Racer
Oct 28, 2003
Chicago
I ordered it today. Tim at Scoggin dickey gave me a pretty ggod deal.

A

Anonymous

What year is your 6.0 i think you only need the spacer on the 99 block because of a differnt length crank

Horsepwraddict

Pro Stocker
Mar 3, 2007
Princeton MA
I got my converter custom made from fuddle racing. They built it with an extended pilot and a dual bolt pattern ring on it. I didn't need to use any spacer or adapter or anything. This was on my 5.3 but if you call them they can build you anything you need at a very reasonable price.

85MonteCoupe

Daily Driver
Dec 30, 2008
Columbus, Indiana
No you don't necessarily need a new flexplate if you've got a 6.0. I didn't like the idea of opening up the bolt holes and I already had a Gen 1 torque converter laying around so I bought a new flexplate from TCI (Part number 399753). It was $215 from Jegs, which I didnt think was too bad.
But since you have a 6.0 you should already have the flat flexplate and adapter to mate to a Gen 1 trans as those engines came on 4L80E transmissions, which is essentially a Gen 1 trans with electronics.

Jason W.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!