Drive By Cable

86_442_Cutty

Daily Driver
Mar 11, 2010
Alright fellas, I've got a LY6 ening out of 2008 Silvarado 2500 and instead of using the drive by wire set up I want to go old school and use drive by cable. So what do I have to do to make this possible? What parts will I need and where can I get them?

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
AFAIK, the only things you'll need are the cable style throttle body, the cable style computer, and of course the wiring harness for said computer.

blubaldmontess

Dragway Regular
Oct 3, 2005
Clarksville, TN
The trick, if I remmeber correctly, is that you've got to find the right kind of TB, that intake may use a 4 bolt?? I can't remember, its beel a while eh? Are you doing your wiring harness or having somebody else do it?

86_442_Cutty

Daily Driver
Mar 11, 2010
blubaldmontess said:
The trick, if I remmeber correctly, is that you've got to find the right kind of TB, that intake may use a 4 bolt?? I can't remember, its beel a while eh? Are you doing your wiring harness or having somebody else do it?

I was gonna have somebody else do the wire harness.

blubaldmontess

Dragway Regular
Oct 3, 2005
Clarksville, TN
If its a professional shop, I'd ask them if they can do it, because it means reprogramming the puter, taking that wiring harness out for the TB part and the pedal part, and then working forward from there. Good luck! If you want you can get ahold of jesse at http://www.wait4meperformance.com and ask him what it would cost and what you need to do it.

86_442_Cutty

Daily Driver
Mar 11, 2010
blubaldmontess said:
If its a professional shop, I'd ask them if they can do it, because it means reprogramming the puter, taking that wiring harness out for the TB part and the pedal part, and then working forward from there. Good luck! If you want you can get ahold of jesse at http://www.wait4meperformance.com and ask him what it would cost and what you need to do it.

Thanks for the info Blu. Man it seems like it may be more trouble to change from DBW to DBC.

83LSWagon

Frequent Racer
Aug 27, 2008
Spring Hill, FL
Last I read, programming the DBW out is not an option.
Just get a new computer, have it tuned the way you want, and have the harness built for a DBW setup. I dont think there would be anything that you cant take out of the harness.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!