V6 Burnouts?

Darwinskeeper

Frequent Racer
Sep 18, 2005
Wichita, Kansas
Tried to burn a little rubber with Darwin yesterday afternoon with less than steller results. I brought the engine up to 4000rpm, jumped off the clutch and floored the throttle. The car just leapt forward with a short black streak by on the pavement.

Is this what I should have expected with a V6 powered wagon shod in 225/60R15 Radial TAs or am I doing it wrong?

Darwinskeeper

Frequent Racer
Sep 18, 2005
Wichita, Kansas
Hmmm...I've been thinking of going to 195/70R15 tires on 15X6 Centerline Convopros to reduce rolling resistance and (hopefully) improve fuel economy a bit. If my traction situation is that good with 225/60R15s, I have few excuses not to do it (lack of cash excluded).

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
A couple ways to do a burnout is by using a line lock (which involves re-plumbing the front brakes, a solenoid that holds line pressure to the front is installed in-line), or just by holding the brakes with one foot while holding the gas with the other. You may be able to pull it off seeing that your v6 is mildly built, but it will be tricky. You will likely need to bring the RPMs up as you did, holding the brake and gas with one foot, and letting off the brake with the other. It takes some practice, but it's doable. I've done a couple (and only a couple) in mine (with the old worn out 305 no less), and usually after I got a tire spinning I would quickly let off the brake with my right heel and hold it with my left foot, letting off after so many seconds. If you manage to do one, let off the gas and let the engine rpms be pulled down as the car accelerates, it will give much less shock to the drivetrain than if you just let off the gas... the tires stop almost instantly, which forces the transmission, driveshaft/u-joints, and rearend (even the engine if you don't press the clutch back in) to stop spinning just as suddenly as the tires. I haven't done any with the new engine, I don't really need to with all the torque it has now :lol: Also though, I haven't beat on the car with the new engine because I'm sure I'm on borrowed time with the 3-speed and box-stock 2.29 7½" rear.

A

Anonymous

388bu said:
I think you have two options here:

1. Throw on a little donut spare.
2. Do your burnout in a puddle of transmission fluid.

3.What about Bleach! We used to use that back in the day!
4. Dump the clutch at 6,000...stay tuned for results or broken parts!
5. NOS

Trickbu

Darwinskeeper

Frequent Racer
Sep 18, 2005
Wichita, Kansas
I take it the "...stay tuned for results or broken parts" would apply to option 5 as well? :D

A

Anonymous

no offense to anyone but I always thought using bleach was the lamest thing to do

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
doubleomalibu said:
no offense to anyone but I always thought using bleach was the lamest thing to do

Not to mention how bad it is for your paint...

Tommy

80ECLT

MalibuRacing Junkie
Nov 21, 2006
Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin
No offence but you must be doing something wrong?/ With that motor and a stick, you should be able to light them up pretty good.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts