Turbo vs Supercharger?

tuggy24g

Frequent Racer
Nov 17, 2008
Newtown PA
www.buckslp.org
What would make more power turbo or supercharger? Never seen a muscle car in person with a turbo.

malicad

Dragway Regular
Dec 8, 2009
South Milwaukee, WI
My daily driver 04 SRT-4 runs mid 13's @ 103. Stock turbo with only a few bolt ons. 148 cubic inches, so my vote is for the turbo!

Bad Medicine Racing

Frequent Racer
Jan 8, 2010
Grove Oak, AL
Turbo.

Robert1320

Pro Stocker
tuggy24g said:
What would make more power turbo or supercharger? Never seen a muscle car in person with a turbo.

Never saw a Buick GN? V-6 turbo muscle car of it's day.

All things being equal a supercharged motor has a higher fuel consumption at the same hp as turbo. Which is better depends what you are doing. We have switched many sc guys to turbos and they will never go back to sc.

tuggy24g

Frequent Racer
Nov 17, 2008
Newtown PA
www.buckslp.org
Robert1320 said:
tuggy24g said:

Never saw a Buick GN? V-6 turbo muscle car of it's day.

OK now I have seen one. What I meant was I never saw a muscle car that did not come stock from the factory with a turbo on it in person.

john01374

Daily Driver
Jun 16, 2009
Per pound of boost the Turbo will easily make more power. A buddy of mine has a 04 Cobra with somebodys turbo kit on it. With the stock blower pulleyed to make 14lbs the car made a little over 540hp. Pulled the blower and added the turbo kit and made 700hp at the same 14lbs.

This was also with a very safe tune on the turbo setup.

Excelerater

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 22, 2003
Memphis,TN
14/71 FTW

siege

Amateur Racer
Oct 6, 2009
i would have to say turbo also FREE POWER lol sc guys hate when you throw that out there haha check out nelson racings web site they got lots of vids with turbo street builds and how mild they are when just cruising and when you stomp the throttle good night. Check out the Fbomb incarvid pretty good

http://www.nelsonracingengines.com/video_drive.html

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts