line lock install

woody31

Frequent Racer
can someoine please help me with some details on a line lock install??
its going in a 81 elcamino,,,,i need specific details and a few pictures would be great,,yes i tried search, but really did not find any real instructions per sey,,,thanks

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
what details do you need?which one did you buy?i don't have any pictures that i can post(no scanner)but i looked back and the one i used before was a single outlet solenoid.it was plumbed into the rear line out of my master cylinder.a lot of guys i think plumb it differently, but it worked ok for me.I'm sure someone else will chime in with something else that will help and/or be better than what i did.what else do you need to know for this install?let me know.

woody31

Frequent Racer
thanks for the reply mellow,,i have a single outlet generic unit from jegs,,,really need to know which line to cut and splice into,,how to plumb it,, i tried this once before but it looked like a retard did it with all the adapters to make it work,,im sure im doing something wrong,,hence the need for a picture or a pr\arts list for adapters and such,,thanks again...cheers

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
well,i put mine into the line closest to the firewall.the rear one.i took the line loc to the part store and found a fitting that fit the in/out of the solenoid.i don't know the size.i just matched up the fittings that came out of the master and then matched the fitting size for the diameter line that i removed that goes to the portioning valve.you could flare the stock line and reuse it for the outlet side if need be.your going to need an adapter or two,the size is pretty small on those compared to the stock brake fittings it seems like a huge pain to try and do it with out any all.sorry i don't have any more info/pictures for ya that could help.

Purcell Racing

Weekend Racer
Jun 10, 2011
Mineral Wells, Texas
This is how I installed mine on my 79. I hope it helps

20130101_113309.jpg

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
On cars with dual master cylinders & combination valves, line locks have to be installed after the combo valve. If you install it before the combo valve, it can lock all four wheels. At best it can trip the pressure switch & make the "brake" light stay on...
The NHRA will fail you at tech if the line lock is before the combo valve/distribution block, too...

Tommy

NEW2MALIBU

Dragway Regular
Mar 5, 2007
idaho
This is how I did mine after the prop valve then to a "T" fitting then to the brakes.

DSCF1772.jpg

shvrolay

Dragway Regular
DSCF0095.JPG

With headers, inner fender, etc. all installed........the line lock is not too apparent.

DSCF0333.JPG

woody31

Frequent Racer
problem,,,,the adapters dont allow the brake line to bottom out,,,will the brake line leak???
do i need to flare the line or can i use a lil brass collar that slips over the line,,,trhanks yall

shvrolay

Dragway Regular
problem,,,,the adapters dont allow the brake line to bottom out,,,will the brake line leak???
.......sounds like you're not using the 'correct' adapters.
do i need to flare the line or can i use a lil brass collar that slips over the line
......flare the lines.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!