electric fuel pump regulator ???

woody31

Frequent Racer
i ran up on a mr.gasket 105 gph vane type pump..looks like a holley knock off,,my ?? is it came with a regulator,,says it has 14 psi max,,,the regulator has 3 places for lines im guessing 1 for in ,,1 for out,,and the bottom one is for what?? a pressure gauge or a return line,,i dont have either,,can i just plug off the bottom port ,,and how would i set the regulator,,is clockwise less or more psi on the set screw?? thanks,,,

Grcrygtr44

Frequent Racer
Feb 1, 2013
Ontario Ny
I'm not sure on that style regulator but on a plain Jane Holley dead head the bottom is your in, and the two side ports are outs. Unless u are running two separate lines to the carb, u plug one side and use one. Clockwise increases the pressure,counter clockwise decreases it.

80Grand_LeMans

Dragway Regular
Jun 4, 2008
Peabody MA
I had that regulator and pump. I ditched the regulator after I couldn't get the damn thing to run at 6 psi. it would be around 12 and 9 no matter what way i turned it. Kept flooding my motor. Might have just been a faulty one but I went out and got a better one for 30 bucks.

woody31

Frequent Racer
ok thanks for the info,,i got it running but still not sure of how it is set,,,seems to suck the carb dry at 4500 on up,,should i raise my fuel pressure,,??

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
Check your float levels first. When setting pressure, crack the throttle a couple times. Sometimes the deadhead regulators will creep up a bit and give a bogus reading. So will liquid filled gauges.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts