G BODY OIL PAN REMOVAL ???'S

dickeymoore

Dragway Regular
Mar 19, 2007
Atlanta,Ga.
I need to remove and install my oil pan in my g body with the engine and trans in the car what is the best way to do this ,do I simply remove the motor mount bolts and lift the engine up a little bit,do I have to remove the trans mount bolt and what about the shortie headers I have on my car and about how much do I need to lift the engine off the mounts?THANKS :? :? :? :? :( :( :(

bowtie81

Mar 28, 2008
sarnia, ontario canada
Def the motor mounts, I never did the transmission mount. You may need to pull the dizzy out to get a little more height.

pabloairmale

Weekend Racer
Sep 18, 2007
queens ny
Gonna need to take off your dist cap, take the bolt off the motor mounts and get an engine hoist and pull the engine as high as you can. Don't jack the engine by the harmonic balancer. Getting around the oil pump was a lil tricky but can be done. Check your valve covers for leaks first and remember the timing chain cover gasket should be replaced to. Good luck and keep wrenching!

1981Regal

Dragway Regular
Mar 10, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
Don't forget to check the rear Intake seal, distributor base gasket, and rear main seal for leaks.

dickeymoore

Dragway Regular
Mar 19, 2007
Atlanta,Ga.
The engine was just rebuilt using a felpro 1 piece oil pan gasket and a used stock oil pan and oil was leaking out the sides of the oil pan gonna use a moroso oil pan

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!