Wish me luck...Ez-EFI

80Bu355

Weekend Racer
Oct 30, 2003
Greenville,SC
I finally broke down and ordered one. it came today in the mail. I hope to start installing it this weekend but I have somethings i need to figure out first (return gas line). I will try to let anyone know how it goes that wants to know.

Al

Pro Stocker
May 25, 2003
Harker Heights, TX
I've been wanting to see a comparison between the EZ setup and the new MSD setup. Good luck with it. I'm sure it will turn out fine.

80Bu355

Weekend Racer
Oct 30, 2003
Greenville,SC
Al said:
I've been wanting to see a comparison. Steepen the EZ setup and the new MSD setup. Good luck with it. I'm sure it will turn out fine.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I dont have a lot of experience and might be biting off more than i can chew but what the heck. Yeah I looked at the MSD version as well but went with the FAST instead but I did pick up a new Digital 6AL. Read that the EZ-EFI does better with an ignition box than without. So we shall see where this goes.

kclevi

Mar 23, 2012
Kansas City Ks
I traded for a 78 malibu wagon with a 355 vortech headed sbc with ez-efi unit last year, some how the computer and hand held fried, I was not original buyer of unit and they replaced it for FREE I have nothing but good things to say so far about the company. I just got computer and new hand held back yesterday, sent in and replaced under 2 weeks. I do plan to rerun the wires and remount the 6a MSD box. Previous owner before me mounted the ez-efi computer on heater delete plate and the 6a MSD about 6 inches away, instructions state to try and have any noisy electrical componets at 2 feet away. I plan to put efi comp inside under dash pass. area and remount 6a under hood again. I also had to reweld o2 bung on header because they had bung on inside and shift lever contacted o2 wire I put it on out side 180* from before. Good luck with install. Feel free to email me if you want any pics of install or any qs Im very new to it but have it installed on vehicle will try to help out best I could. Again good luck and enjoy and feel comfortable that they back there product.

malicad

Dragway Regular
Dec 8, 2009
South Milwaukee, WI
Yeah...I'd like to know too...I also bought one, and am going to put it on top of my new 6.0L LS motor. I can't wait!

80Bu355

Weekend Racer
Oct 30, 2003
Greenville,SC
I havent gotten around to install it because of an engine miss i am trying to track down. But once i do then i will post an update

Ray396

Amateur Racer
May 10, 2007
Middle Village,NY
Hi, I just finished a EZ EFI install on my 86 monte ss. On first place I installed, I had RFI problem. So I installed it farther away from any elec.(dist, alt, ignition box).If running a MSD box put the ground on the block. Follow directios to the T. I still have to drive it.Ray

Ray396

Amateur Racer
May 10, 2007
Middle Village,NY
Hi, Have installed and am driving it whenever I get a chance. still learning as I drive but so far I am happy with it. If you have any questions ,let me know. I think I have extra fuel line if you need any.Ray

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!