Aftermarket console with aftermarket shifter?

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
Anyone using an aftermarket console with some type of cup holders that would go with my aftermarket shifter? Looking for ideas. Here's my current setup:

IMG_4143.jpg

bowtie81

Mar 28, 2008
sarnia, ontario canada
From what i hear if you get one from a 2000ish grandprix it will work, that's what i plan on getting soon.

DOUG213XRJ

MalibuRacing Junkie
Sep 18, 2006
West, MI
Hey, Phil. The S10/15`s had a small console with two cup holders, That would sit behind your shifter. Doug

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
DOUG213XRJ said:
Hey, Phil. The S10/15`s had a small console with two cup holders, That would sit behind your shifter. Doug

Yeah, I may scour some salvage yards tomorrow (off day for me).

Have any of you guys heard of "Humphugger" consoles. Here's one for a 67-81 Camaro:

Here's one for a 64-72 Chevelle:

Anybody had experience with these, or know someone that has? Wonder if the Camaro or Chevelle console will fit? I probably need to call to get some measurements.

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
bowtie81 said:
From what i hear if you get one from a 2000ish grandprix it will work, that's what i plan on getting soon.
i think 406 monte has one in his car check it out

JBreu

Frequent Racer
Jan 31, 2010
Livonia. New York
I got one of those, they are called Humphugger......
bucketseats002.jpg
bucketseats001.jpg

JBreu

Frequent Racer
Jan 31, 2010
Livonia. New York
I love it..The one I bought was on clearance two years ago, believe it or not it was for a mustang.......I think they are pretty much the same though...They come with this metal piece , kind of like a screen almost , where you can screw it to the console and the hump of the floor...I never did that as when I take my car to the track I move it back so nothing gets in the way of my shifting...You really don't need to mount it either, it stays put. I think velcro would be better then the metal screen deal. It's not that expensive and looks great!!!

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
Man, I'm glad to hear that!! I actually ordered one. I was kinda' worried how it was attached or if it would "stay put". That makes me feel much better to know that someone has actually had experience with one. Thanks!!

JBreu

Frequent Racer
Jan 31, 2010
Livonia. New York
Anytime!!!!! You will like it :)

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!