Grand Prix 2+2 rear seats... actual 2+2 seating?

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
I've been doing a little looking and haven't found any rear seat pictures of the 2+2 GPs... are they an actual 2+2 setup similar to the '80s Camaro/Firebird? I've been considering seeing if the rear seat bottoms from the F-Bodies would fit, and either putting some carpet in the center or coming up with sone sort of small armrest/console.

jsiler

Dragway Regular
Nov 6, 2009
Dayton, OH
Just curious.Are you asking if the rear seat from the 86 Grand Prix 2+2 has rear bucket seats like in the Camaros?If I remember right they are a full back seat like what you would see in the standard Grand Prix.Similar to what they did with the Aerocoupe.I like that idea,think it would look good if you could pull it off.

jsiler

Dragway Regular
Nov 6, 2009
Dayton, OH
Now your making me wonder too.I thought that I had seen one once before and it had a full seat top and bottom,but im definately not sure about that,its been a long time ago.

78_Elky

Pro Stocker
Mar 9, 2005
Oregon
smlblk78.onlineshowoff.com
If you need the measurements for an Fbody rear bucket bottom or the back let me know I have a '98 Camaro I can measure for you Doob. Its the same dimensions as the 80s I believe.
Jess

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!