Carpet, carpet and more carpets!

malibu101

Frequent Racer
May 22, 2003
Walnutport PA
I have a 79 Malibu 2 door with a stock code 62 Camel tan interior that needs a new carpet. I am just looking for the stock replacement. No thick nap or mass backing.
I have searched around and found the following.
What can anybody offer about these or any other places to help me make the right purchase.

Below prices include shipping
1- 1aauto.com $150
This is the only place that shows a different part number for 2 versus 4 door bodies. Why?
2- Summitracing.com $162 Same as Trim Part.
3- Trimparts.com $185 Summit says they sell this Trim Part number.
4- stockinteriors.com $141
5 & 6- accmats.com $236 and rockauto.com at $118 use the same part number and neither of them offer anything close to my color.

What have you used?
Please let me know your experiences of where I can get a good carpet in my color.
THANKS!

Mike

Pro Stocker
May 27, 2003
New York
I bought mine from rockauto. It was ACC carpet and their price was the lowest I could find at the time. If you look at the ACC site they list a doeskin/camel color. Theres actually a few colors in the brown family that look close. Call ACC and they will sent you 4 small samples for free. Just give them the numbers. As far as getting the carpet with no backing I think you'll be sorry. The mass backing give the carpet more of an original feel. You can also get the matching carpet by the yard to do your lower door panels. Its not expensive.

shvrolay

Dragway Regular
I've installed 3 carpets from ACC into 3 different G bodies.......fit is VG.

JuniorJ

Frequent Racer
malibu101 said:
I have a 79 Malibu 2 door with a stock code 62 Camel tan interior that needs a new carpet. I am just looking for the stock replacement. No thick nap or mass backing.
I have searched around and found the following.
What can anybody offer about these or any other places to help me make the right purchase.

Below prices include shipping
1- 1aauto.com $150
This is the only place that shows a different part number for 2 versus 4 door bodies. Why?
2- Summitracing.com $162 Same as Trim Part.
3- Trimparts.com $185 Summit says they sell this Trim Part number.
4- stockinteriors.com $141
5 & 6- accmats.com $236 and rockauto.com at $118 use the same part number and neither of them offer anything close to my color.

What have you used?
Please let me know your experiences of where I can get a good carpet in my color.
THANKS!

The mass backing is the thicker backing like the factory had on them.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!