Seatbelt bolt question

Mike

Pro Stocker
May 27, 2003
New York
Now that the carpets installed in my car Im trying to finish up the interior. I changed over from bench to Monte SS buckets. I took the original Monte seat belt covers that go by the console apart and put the belts that were in my car originally inside those covers. They were the exact same length and width, I just needed the longer cover length because of the bucket seats. I still have to spray them to match the color of my interior.

The only thing that Im not sure about is the bolts. I have a few seatbelt bolts that have a shoulder on them. I have no idea what their for. The rear belts in my car never came out. The retractors in the back were left in the car with the original bolts while the seats were getting done. The bolts for the outer belts (shoulder belts) are short with no shoulder.

Can anyone give me info on where these go ? Im wondering if theyre for the belts by the console and Im missing some kind of spacer so the tall belt cover can move back and forth with the seat adjustment.

oldschool

Frequent Racer
Nov 13, 2003
concord, NC
I think the ones with shoulders go up where the seat belt mounts between the door and quarter window... At least that was how mine was... It's like a 1"shoulder ?

Mike

Pro Stocker
May 27, 2003
New York
I have 2 of those with the shoulder. From what I can tell after a trip to the local yard, the bolts with the shoulder are for the belts that mount to the floor on each side of the console. That allows the long plastic sleeve that covers the belt to move back and forth as the bucket seat is adjusted. I actually took 2 of the bolts that go into the floor right by the door out of a Cutlass that had buckets and they were short bolts, no shoulder.
I also found out that the belts with the latch for a bench seat are the same length as the belts for buckets. They just have the long sleeve around them to keep them rigid so they wont go down between the seat and console. This was very good for me since my interior color is pretty rare ! I just have to spray the sleeves and the little round plugs to match the seat trim.

oldschool

Frequent Racer
Nov 13, 2003
concord, NC
Mike said:
I have 2 of those with the shoulder. From what I can tell after a trip to the local yard, the bolts with the shoulder are for the belts that mount to the floor on each side of the console. That allows the long plastic sleeve that covers the belt to move back and forth as the bucket seat is adjusted. I actually took 2 of the bolts that go into the floor right by the door out of a Cutlass that had buckets and they were short bolts, no shoulder.
I also found out that the belts with the latch for a bench seat are the same length as the belts for buckets. They just have the long sleeve around them to keep them rigid so they wont go down between the seat and console. This was very good for me since my interior color is pretty rare ! I just have to spray the sleeves and the little round plugs to match the seat trim.
Cool, thanks. Mine might have been in the wrong place. When I got the car it wws hacked up pretty good. Ill probably try to switch mine and see how it works

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!