carb.swap

dwelch

Daily Driver
Aug 1, 2012
i decided to experiment a little with my 81 bu by swaping carbs befor it gets too cold here. it's about a 250 horse 350 (very mild) and i have been running my built Q jet on it for about 4 months. i got my 80528 from storage and checked it out pretty good and bolted it on. it sits on a performer intake,and i have the correct mounting bases. i ended up with a ton of black soot on the ground from the exhaust and it smelled of fuel. i took it off and put my 3310 on it and the same thing happened.began to think something has happened in the last week from it just sitting. i then put my Q jet back on and it ran perfect. the 80528 750 dp is very new and i checked and lubed the float hinges so they would not stick. it is :D :D jetted 72 front 76 rear with 6.5pv. no pv in the rear. it's now getting too cold to experiment with the 80528 (no choke) so i'll stay with the Qjet for now. i was just a little suprised that the 750dp and 3310vav sec acted the same. its a little chilly here now but this spring i'll give another go. anybody have any suggestions? thanks in advance :D

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!