QA1 front coil overs?-my nose is 200LBS less than stock so?.

monte87LS

Weekend Racer
Jan 29, 2008
Marlton,NJ
so Im about to make a nice order with Summit this week and Ive been thinking about ordering the QA1 coil overs for my 87 Monte Carlo LS. Thing is I gutted my Monte pretty good got her down to 3000 pounds even so with stock springs she sat like I roller!.I cut 1 coil off and she still sits funny. Im estimating I took about 200 pounds off the front of the car alone and that was with my iron SBC. Now Im running a SBC with aluminum heads and intake "plus the coil overs if I decide to order them" so Im probably knocking off another 50 pounds off the nose is this gonna requir some special attention?...Can I order different spring rates and if I can how do I know which ones to get?.Id really like my front end to sit low tucking my skinnys up front but Im afraid with these QA1 coil overs since there designed for regular G-body front end wieght they wont work on my car as well as they should 'if Im spening that kind of money I want them to do there job the best they can ya know". Summit has QA1 coil overs specifically for G-bodys in there suspesion department but like I said my front end is dramatically lighter than stock so what do you guys think?.thanks in advance I appreciate the help!

monte ss496

Dragway Regular
May 23, 2010
western mass
Re: QA1 front coil overs?-my nose is 200LBS less than stock

explain to summit the weight issue with your car and also remember that the qa1's are adjustable as far as ride height goes!!

CutlassRacer

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 18, 2004
Gainesville, FL
www.facebook.com
Re: QA1 front coil overs?-my nose is 200LBS less than stock

Summit will not have a clue about what to set you up with. Call up TRZ, they have the knowledge, and probably better prices on the suspension stuff!!

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!