rear coilover setups

junk racing

Amateur Racer
So as my build progresses im just about ready too start on the rear of my 79 malibu, I am wanting too keep the factory 4 link style suspention and add a coilover setup, The one im looking at it is summit part # HAL-DR4000k kit comes with everything needed to intall. Has anyone got first hand expierience of this conversion and how did they like it? I like the height adjustablity of coilover setups. Anyway thanks guys and if there are any pics by all means post up.

-Donnie

Barry 85 SS

Frequent Racer
Aug 8, 2005
Newport News, Va
100_2118.jpg

I have that setup on my SS, it is a little stiff, but I like it.
Best picture I could find, I'll look for more.

DamageInc85

Frequent Racer
Jan 22, 2004
Deland Fl
Sweet setup Barry,more pics greatly appreciated.Whose spherical bearings are you running in the housing and how do you like them?Thanks

Dan

Barry 85 SS

Frequent Racer
Aug 8, 2005
Newport News, Va
Got the bearings only from a bearing supply house, can't remeber which one, and made bushings to fit the housing, and bearings, out of aluminum, all press fit. The bearings are 3/4" ID. I also made the upper control arms out of aluminum with 3/4" heims on the front end . Been on there 3 or 4 years and no problems so far. Haven't figured out how to get my pictures on my new computer yet, or at least how to get them on here.

k9

Dragway Regular
May 22, 2003
CHICAGO
Yes,that looks very sweet!

1980PontiacWagon

Frequent Racer
Feb 5, 2011
Northern Virginia
^X2 I have been curious as to how good they are under hard launches and if they are better than the stock set up (for racing)

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!