When using 36mm front bar....?

malihoochie

Dragway Regular
May 28, 2004
michigan(detroit area)
For those who have been useing the 36mm front F-body sway bar.....have you had issues with the front end heighth being abnormally high?

I am curious if others have used shorter or longer end links to adjust this.

Thanks in advance.

tiedyemike8

Frequent Racer
Oct 28, 2009
Naperville, IL
A sway bar shouldn't affect ride height. If it is, something is binding. As far as end links, when the suspension is loaded (tires on the ground), the ends, or "arms", of the sway bar should be parallel to the ground. Use whatever length end link you need to acheive this. Different ride heights will require different length end links.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
I have a 34mm and it seems to be fine, but I'm not sure if mine is binding or not, it sure is flat through the corners being lowered and also having a rear sway bar.

malihoochie

Dragway Regular
May 28, 2004
michigan(detroit area)
when I put this bar on my old car it seemed to make the front end stay up, and my car always sat sorta low before. I thought it would change or settle down....then I got the "new" car, it's doing the same thing. It is not bound up on anything. The car does have factory jounce bars and a added on GP bar, but it doesn't bind. The stock F-41 sway bar was nearly as big, but the car did not have a motor when I bought it, so I cannot really compare now to then.

I also have a rear sway bar, and the car handled and sat well before I put the 36mm bar on. :-k

I may try to remove the end links to see if the causes a change in altitude. The car looks like it just hooked up on a hard launch...while it is sitting there curse_sign.gif

tiedyemike8

Frequent Racer
Oct 28, 2009
Naperville, IL
I put the hollow 36mm bar on my monte and it didn't do anything to the ride height, I would guess something is going on there.

malihoochie

Dragway Regular
May 28, 2004
michigan(detroit area)
downsized_0625002346.jpg

Can anybody spot anything wrong here? It pretty much went back together as it was before I took it apart. I had to slot the bolt holes in the frame brackets for the bar so was thinking that some other "mod" had to be done too (like different than stock length end links??). The suspension did not move when myself and a friend stood on the fram horns right before throwing the front clip on. He is 175 and I'm 185 lbs. The front control arms lower & upper were not fully tightened - so it is not like the bushings are holding the car up. I can only think that the massive size of the bar is able to lift the front of the car from the end links. I still have not tried removing the end links (just moved the car back to my house). I'll goof with them tonight.

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
You should not have had to slot the brackets, unless you tried to use the F body brackets (holes are offset). You need to reuse the G body frame brackets with the F body bushing.

malihoochie

Dragway Regular
May 28, 2004
michigan(detroit area)
Yes, I did use the F-body brackets.

Will goof with it this weekend. I'll let you guys know what I find. Thanks for the help so far.

Canadian-T-Bone

Dragway Regular
May 25, 2003
Abbotsford,B.C.
with the engine in , your front suspension should have come down . Are the front springs a higher rate ? Are they installed (the springs) correctly ?

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!