Front upper control arms

80bu

Dragway Regular
Aug 19, 2004
Oak grove,mo
I need to rebuild my front upper control arms and wanted to see if I should rebuild my stockers or look into the speedway uppers? I drive the car on the street and don't have any plans to race it, just mostly a cruiser. Thoughts?

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
80bu said:
I need to rebuild my front upper control arms and wanted to see if I should rebuild my stockers or look into the speedway uppers? I drive the car on the street and don't have any plans to race it, just mostly a cruiser. Thoughts?
save your money,rebuild the stockers.they work very well for what most people need.gm did a good job.put new bushings in or better yet bring them down to the local machine shop and have them guys press the old ones out and the new ones in.that is worth the money.and hit em' with a coat of paint.if you want to waste your money and look cool then go with an aftermarket set...better yet send me the money so i can look cool with the cash I've got paypal:)

79loserbluebu

Frequent Racer
Jun 15, 2009
Illinois-60491
If it's just a street car rebuild them with rubber bushings or go steel bushings. If it's going to go to the track whenever there's an open TNT get the Speedway's. The only downside to the Speedway's are there is no bumpstop to limit travel, so the frame takes care of it when the control arms smack the frame. I plan on just making some cheap limiters if the wheels ever get airborne.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!