QA1 dbl adj rear shocks

underdogbry

Mar 30, 2014
I recently bought 2 new qa1 double adjustables for the rear of my el camino. running drag radials ,want to know where should i set them at for starters

underdogbry

Mar 30, 2014
i set them @ 12 clicks from full compression and 4 from full rebound . still murders my 275's anyone !

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
Is it biting and unloading as soon as you start to roll, or blowing it off immediately at the hit?

70BOWTIE

Daily Driver
Jun 9, 2015
set them to the middle adjustment, and work from there...its going to take some passes to get it dialed in..

underdogbry

Mar 30, 2014
thay go up in smoke off idle . been tring to fix this tracksion prob for a wile now. When i had less power and ran on the street it hooked up for about 5 feet then spin them till the end of 2rd gear, so i raised the rear of the lower controll arms up people say now the tires dont wrinkle as much but i konw its better becuz befor it would spin them all the way into overdrive with the extra power now it will only go to 3rd . man summer time if here and i want to drag the bumper

underdogbry

Mar 30, 2014
Oh got tired of the 700 and ordered a th350 from pete @ hughes yesterday may be getting rid of that low 1st gear might help

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
Go full loose on extension, full tight on compression, and then come in a few clicks each way as a starting point. If you're blowing them off at the hit, then you need the extension to let the rear separate and the weight of the car keep them planted. If you do that, and it dead hooks before spinning, then you can start tightening up the extension some IMO.

My best guess.

underdogbry

Mar 30, 2014
It will hook now from a 10 mph roll but still kills them from a dig. should i put more anti squat now to hit them harder ? what kinda of a/s % should i be looking for ? when i went 4 clicks from full comp it felt like there was no suspension buonced so bad . by the way this is a el camino with a 383 and a small 192 blower .if u need more info on whats in it let me know .

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!