Suggestions for stock location set-up

wichmae

Daily Driver
Sep 13, 2006
Milwaukee
Anyone here run stock location for their "drag" cars. Im going to be running the 9.50 or 10.20 class 1/4 mile (depending on how much I want to push it). I need to and want to run stock location for my 79 Malibu. I know there are some companies that make entire kits for G-body cars. I was wondering if anyone has any insight on this one.

UMI Sales

Amateur Racer
Jan 6, 2009
Hello
That's what a lot of people are starting to do now! Rather than spend thousands on a narrowed rear. A lot of different manufactures out there are making adjustable components that now eliminate having to spend the big dollars. Just as a example check out our link below and it will show you what all different set ups are available.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=8_60&zenid=lrva2or5ptiau9qa5o3a1ne530

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help!
Thanks
Brad :D

KEVINS

Amateur Racer
wichmae said:
Anyone here run stock location for their "drag" cars. Im going to be running the 9.50 or 10.20 class 1/4 mile (depending on how much I want to push it). I need to and want to run stock location for my 79 Malibu. I know there are some companies that make entire kits for G-body cars. I was wondering if anyone has any insight on this one.

You betcha, if you're serious. Check out http://www.BaselineSuspensions.com with a bolt-in, inovative kit design to correct the suspension geometry.

KS

just plain john

Daily Driver
Jul 22, 2008
Pasadena TX
I'm not sure I'm understanding your question. Stock location for what? Rear end? Front ball joints? You mentioned 'drag' car. Does that mean a true drag car, or a sometimes street car too? Drag cars can get away with spherical rod ends, which work well, don't bind, and are adjustable too, but you wouldn't want to drive it to work everyday. Several manufacturers offer all the components, although I can't say that they all offer a complete kit under 1 part number. If you're going to see any street miles use bushings. The ride is much more bearable if you're old like me, and they are quiet. Most people (myself included) use poly bushings. I used them because they were cheaper, but the do deflect less too, plus they last longer than the rubber ones. Nowadays most have a grease fitting the really helps to keep them from squeaking which used to be an issue. To move the ball joints around takes pricey control arms. What kind of budget do you have to work with?

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts