going to rear body mount city

blu402mally

Pro Stocker
Jul 27, 2008
phila,pa.
going to have to replace the rear bushing's in my 80 malibu...is this a difficult job to do ?and were can i purchase the body bushing's from ? thanks in advance for your help fellas.

just plain john

Daily Driver
Jul 22, 2008
Pasadena TX
It's pretty straightforward, but let me share my experience. I researched and followed the advice I recieved. I did one side at a time. The pass side was uneventful, but the drivers side was not. To make a long story short, the e brake cable wouldn't allow me to lift the body high enough to get to the #2 and #3 bushings out. I had to disconnect the cable at the pedal, AND DISCONNECT THE CABLE SHEATH FROM IT'S ANCHOR POINT. It has 'fingers' that expand once the sheath is fully seated in the hole it inserts into. I pushed it in as far as it would go, then tightened a zip tie around it, compressing the fingers. I then slid it out until the end of the fingers cleared the hole, then cut the tie off and it slipped right out. Before I tried the zip tie, I kept trying to jack the body up but the frame started to rise too. I ended up pushing the floor pan up, and later had to adjust that with a BFH. When installing the bushings, just start the bolts, don't run them down until all bushings are installed. The #3 bushing is the hardest, because the nut moves around and that bolt is shorter than the rest. Check out Summit or Jegs, both places carry them. Be advised, it's a tough fix if you bresk a bolt so soak the as best you can with penetrating oil.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts