Difference in drop spindle, and drop springs

HarrisonTX

Top Fueler
Jul 11, 2003
Burleson TX
I know very little about suspension, especially the front.
Whats the difference in a 2inch drop spindle, and 2 inch drop springs. I assume the spindle would keep a factory ride quality, and allow longer spring travel?

Thanks guys, just looking to go a little lower

A

Anonymous

from an alignment guys p.o.v., drop spindles are the way tp go, full range of suspension and still being able to properly align the vehicle are the two best reasons to use the spindles. by the way, your car is bad azz :D

Malibuwagon80

Dragway Regular
Aug 8, 2007
North Jersey
turbowarwagon said:
from an alignment guys p.o.v., drop spindles are the way tp go, full range of suspension and still being able to properly align the vehicle are the two best reasons to use the spindles. by the way, your car is bad ### :D
Like he said drop spindles are the way to go.

A

Anonymous

Spindles keep the original suspension geometry, cut/lowering springs change all of the geometry. As already said, spindles are the way to go, but you still should get a front-end alignment after they are installed.

HarrisonTX

Top Fueler
Jul 11, 2003
Burleson TX
Thanks guys, thats what i figured.
I was thinking springs were the short cut
Looks like ridetech has the market corned, or at least the only people jegs sells.
$300 for a 2'' drop at summitracing.com. Any other options? Im sure since its just a spindle, it dosnt matter too much.

Turbo: thanks alot, man. People often say it looks like a copcar, and thats one of the reasons i havnt lowered it, cop cars dont sit low, but i think it'd look mean.
I also like being able to drive the hell out of, and not have to worry about bottom out everywhere, and scraping exhaust like some of these lower guys.

A

Anonymous

I'd compare the cost of switching to an 80+ spindle/rotor combo rather than going with the 79 specific spindle.

You can get a summit brand (it's actually a name brand, but can't remember who it was) for $179.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-G705/

That's what I installed on my 80 el camino and couldn't have been more pleased.

jrm81bu

Frequent Racer
Jul 17, 2006
Antwerp, Ohio
Isn't the 78' spindle and rotor the oddball? 79' and up should be the same. I think that when you go to an aftermarket spindle you are automatically going to the 79'+ rotor.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts