Clutch peddle assembly from a Monte Carlo in a Malibu?

Memphis

Daily Driver
Mar 16, 2011
I need to known if the swinging clutch and brake setup from an early to mid Monte Carlo fit my 1981 Malibu? I think it would be the same g-body setup but needed to check. fwiw the seller says he thinks it's a 1984 Monte Carlo. Any help is appreciated I'm suppose to go pull them Thursday. Thanks JD

abigda

Frequent Racer
May 19, 2007
Springfield, MA
G body pedals are the same, those pedals are probably from an el camino or Malibu anyway. Never seen a manual monte

Memphis

Daily Driver
Mar 16, 2011
abigda said:
G body pedals are the same, those pedals are probably from an el camino or Malibu anyway. Never seen a manual monte

Good deal just what I hoped to hear! I'll get down there asap and get them pulled. Thanks! JD

Memphis

Daily Driver
Mar 16, 2011
Pulled the assembly and plate together, they only used the 4 15mm nuts on the booster studs leaving the one 13mm bolt out. The assembly looks like it's been welded on and not sure why but it looks right. The car is a Monte SS according to the VIN looks like a 83-85. JD

85_SS

Dragway Regular
Aug 13, 2004
www.cardomain.com
t5montecarlo said:
It would have to be 1978-1981 Monte Carlo. If it is from a later car, they were swapped. If it is an earlier car, they will not fit.

Mexican '84 SS sneaks in on a technicality! :) Not very likey though of course LOL

Memphis

Daily Driver
Mar 16, 2011
t5montecarlo said:
post pictures. I suspect it may be F body pedals.

The mount looks and fits the same as the single brake peddle assembly. I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow of both assemblies. JD

Memphis

Daily Driver
Mar 16, 2011
Memphis said:
t5montecarlo said:
post pictures. I suspect it may be F body pedals.

The mount looks and fits the same as the single brake peddle assembly. I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow of both assemblies. JD

Sorry I haven't had a chance to take the pictures. I hope to have tme this weekend, I want to know what peddles I have. Fingers crossed they are the right ones! JD

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!