Pics of AN transmission lines?

81rustabu

Dragway Regular
Apr 16, 2011
pinckney,MI
Im about to chang my transmission lines to AN hose and fittings just want to see what other people have done.

You'll need to use 1/4" NPS (National Pipe Straight) male to 6AN male adapter fittings in your transmission case. These fittings will replace the existing brass fittings in your case. Russell, XRP, and a number of other fitting suppliers offer these unique adapter fittings.

You can use straight, 30-degree, or 45-degree 6AN hose ends on the transmission case fittings. I've found that the 30-degree and 45-degree hose ends generally offer better transmission tunnel clearance than the straight hose ends.

From that point on you'll need about 15 - 18 feet of 6AN hose total, and a pair of hose ends for your transmission cooler.

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
I'm slooowly making mine,when I've got something to show i will.

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
81rustabu said:
Im about to chang my transmission lines to AN hose and fittings just want to see what other people have done.
here's my pics just bare with me on the quality and the order they were taken in.

nawlins-tim

Frequent Racer
Jan 28, 2010
New Orleans, Louisiana
hey melo can I ask what size thread is the cooler line at the radiator that you used? I know factory g-body trans lines are 5/16 but what kind of adapter will work going to a -6 hose from radiator cooler to auxillary cooler? Make sense?

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!