bellhousing question

79izfine

Pro Stocker
Nov 20, 2005
massachusetts
www.cardomain.com
i found this for sale its for a chevy !! was thinking it could work in a malibu due to where the fork is located some input please thanks
cec5_1.jpg

Goob

Top Fueler
Jun 6, 2003
Indianapolis
Dunno about that, but if you pass on it, I might be interested in it, if it is for the '67 and earlier Deuces.

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
I'm fairly certain that's for an 82 camaro v8 with 5 speed. They had the same issue we do, the later models just tilted the whole trans and went to a hydraulic setup. And to answer your question, I've been told it will work in our cars. See this link about 1/2 way down the page. I was right. http://www.garage-scene.com/t5-into-ag-body/t5_install_bellhousing.htm

A

Anonymous

I thought 82 was the only year the f-body had a 4 speed? I had a 82 camaro with a 305 and a factory 4 speed.

79izfine

Pro Stocker
Nov 20, 2005
massachusetts
www.cardomain.com
the pic i posted of the chevy !! bellh looks different than the t-5 right below where the fork is theres a rounded buldge casting like the starter buldge thanks for the link i am guessing the answer is no on the chevy !! bellhousing {{{{{ my goal is to run a 11" clutch i have a new centerforce and a new flywheel from when i failed at a previous attempt { i tried using a 486 bell from a truck looks close to the 621 }}}}} trying to avoid the lakewood due to $$$$ but i am hunting for a fact fork if i cant get that then i am forced to use the lakewood straight fork
1982_f_bellhousing_outside.jpg

WEBBER

Pro Stocker
Apr 25, 2004
80 miles west of Joliet IL.
Look up tracy performance bellhousings. Sorry I don't know how to do the link thing. :oops: :oops: :oops: It has chevy bellhousing list with the casting numbers, so you can tell what it is. Hope this helps.

79izfine

Pro Stocker
Nov 20, 2005
massachusetts
www.cardomain.com
i checked out tracey performance nice site thanks webber . ------------iwannawheelie ===== i have been told the 82-83 bellhousings work in our cars , i think the lakewood for the camaro can be used with the lakewood straight fork never tried this . i was thinking the chevy !! bell would work with a straight fork because of the downward fork hole however i dont know if it would accomedate a 168th fly

iwannawheelie

Amateur Racer
Jan 11, 2008
CT
I c well the one you have pictured there will definetly not fit the 168 th flywheel, and one from an 82 camaro will not either ( I know I attempted) had to switch to the lakewood bell a 168 housing does not slope down as harshly as that the kind of bulge out on the sides neay the front in order to clear that diameter, good luck

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Somewhere on the site I posted a list of useable bell housing & clutch fork GM casting & part numbers. Try a search.

Tommy

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts