turbo 350 trans brake install

CpTech

Amateur Racer
Oct 4, 2004
Hatboro, Pa.
Hey Folks,

I have a turbo 350 in my bracket car. The trans is in great shape and works well. I've been thinking about trying a trans brake. What needs to be done in order to install the trans brake ?? Is it just a valve body swap ?

Thanks

Redcutlass

Amateur Racer
Sep 28, 2003
Ft Walton Beach FL
More than a VB swap, requires case and internal modifications, suggest you go to the TCI cite and find there instructions for there TB and see what you'll have to do. I'd imagine all 350 TBs are very similar.

Malibu355

Pro Stocker
Feb 21, 2009
La Marque, Texas
Yes or you can look up the valve body you are looking for on Jegs website and they should have an install manual there as well. Good luck to you. I was told by my trans builder that you should really change to the 36 element sprag and the race when going to a trans brake.

CpTech

Amateur Racer
Oct 4, 2004
Hatboro, Pa.
Malibu355

Thanks for the info. The trans was recently rebuilt. When we rebuilt it, we did put the 36 element sprag and race in figuring it's a weak spot on the turbo 350's and thinking a trans brake might be in it's future.

mean78malibu

Dragway Regular
Mar 15, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA and Philly Area
I just got a brake and am going to put it in myself also. I downloaded the instructions, just need to make some simple mods and switch the valve bodies. My trans is also fresh with a HD sprag, so hopefully it all stays together.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!