Weight loss checklist

10secBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Westminster, MD
5-door said:
You might find this hard to believe, but a Ford 9" is lighter than a 12-bolt. It's even lighter than a 10-bolt.

I'm not sure if I would buy that or not. If that were true, then why would some NHRA Super Stockers and Comp eliminator cars run a 12 bolt (I've seen dragsters with GM 12 bolts...I've even seen Mopar S/S cars with GM 12 bolts. I guess it could also be less parasitic loss due to the pinion to ring gear position. But a stock 9" with an iron center section, I'm pretty darn sure the 9" is heavier than a 12 bolt.

Not having weighed either side-by-side myself, I surely could be mistaken though.

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
You know, my rear end guy also swore that a 9" was lighter than a 12 bolt. I guess this could also depend on whose housing it is (stock or aftermarket), and what chunk/axles you're using.

A

Anonymous

moneys is no object?
9" moly housing, titanium 1 piece tube axle, titanium flanges and studs, raised pinion center section, titanium spool, and yoke

Robert1320

Pro Stocker
Something like this...

90075.jpg

Of course with carbon fiber brakes

A

Anonymous

Robert1320 said:
Something like this...

90075.jpg

Of course with carbon fiber brakes

no thats still heavy, you need the pro stock not in the catalog stuff. :D

A

Anonymous

:lol:

actually the best bang for the buck is a 9" moly housing with a 12 bolt aluminum center and 33 spline axles.

Turbo1dr

Pro Stocker
Jun 7, 2003
New Bern NC
www.turbomalibu.com
sleek79 said:
and after all this how light is the car going to be??

Light enough a stock 305 can get you in the 13's!

Robert1320 said:
Just more hp. Bigger N2O jets, Smaller pulley, Bigger Turbo!

That's how your suppose to think! It's not the weight you loose from the car that boosts a mans ego it's the amount of HP his car makes! Oooooh Yeah! :twisted:

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!