6.0 motor and transmission are in!!! - NOW A STICKY

Stangboy

Dragway Regular
Jan 27, 2004
Ky
rich said:
sweet great driver love to see a efi one also

Ok....

Mine isnt far behind his. Got the call my heads are done. I got my pan and headers today.... Still debating accessories, and what will clear.

Horsepwraddict

Pro Stocker
Mar 3, 2007
Princeton MA
sweet! looks awesome

malibuplotter

Dragway Regular
Apr 11, 2005
layton utah
looks like an iron block, same as mine (mines sitting on the floor i'tll be awhile till iget to it)glad to see the pan clears i'm taking notes whats the plans for accesorys?

Stangboy

Dragway Regular
Jan 27, 2004
Ky
Camaro stuff, waterpump, crank pulley, and maybe a pass side relocation alt. I think for both swaps.....

Excelerater

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 22, 2003
Memphis,TN
this is the best swap to make IMO right now......
why dont you let our readers know in a little more detail
whats involved with getting one of this installed and how
you are going to fire it up ?
How does the ignition work with a carb,how do you set the computer
or are you fabbing something totally different

I dig it,these motors can be bought pretty cheap and some are all aluminum which is very apealing

Roller406Bu

Frequent Racer
Sep 10, 2003
Elizabethtown Ky
Excelerater said:
this is the best swap to make IMO right now......
why dont you let our readers know in a little more detail
whats involved with getting one of this installed and how
you are going to fire it up ?
How does the ignition work with a carb,how do you set the computer
or are you fabbing something totally different

I dig it,these motors can be bought pretty cheap and some are all aluminum which is very apealing

I've listed what motor mounts to use and what pan will work with no modifications...Tci makes a converter now that bolts right up to a 350 turbo transmission, I have one. Its a 36-3800 stahl..If you want to use your existing converter you have laying around you can use spacers and make it work.
That little red box you see in the pics is the brain of the operation, it tells the coil packs when to fire, and also reads the cam, and crank sensors. Timing adjustments, 2-step, rev-limiter are all adjustable thru your laptop with this box. The msd comes with 6 plug in chips with different tunes, or you can make your own timing curve. ls1tech.com is good place to learn about these motors, they are extremly easy to work on....

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!