ECM and under hood wiring - 8-12-08

Deuce4935

Frequent Racer
Nov 19, 2007
Chicago, Il
Re: Update - 8-12-08

LILBULL81 said:
MalibuRacing said:
It all depends on what you're trying to build. A street/strip car, daily driver, race car?

I believe Roller406bu is using F-body (Camaro/Firebird) Pacesetter headers. I use stock F-body manifolds.

Edelbrock offers either a single plane or dual plane intake for carb that comes with the ignition control box for the coil packs. It's pricey, around $700 for the intake and ignition.

Again, transmission depends on what you want to use it for. If you're building a drag car, then a TH350 or TH400 would be your best (economical) bet. You'll have to get an adapter plate for the LSx engine. I'm running a stock 4L60E transmission to get good gas mileage. I got a crossmember from "Iceman" (see sponsors above).

I suggest you (re)ask the question in the LSx forum. I'm building mine for a 16 year old as a daily driver, so it's a conservative setup. Others can give you more information on a performance application.
LILBULL81 said:
i got a couple quick questions because im startin on a similar project but im usin a 6.0L

1.)wut kind of manifols/headers can i use and wuts tha cost?

2.) wut would be the best intake 2 use since i wanna use a carb.?(cost?)

3.)wut would be the best trans 2 use? and will i have any trans mount issues!?

well yea tha intake aint cheap at all. and i wanna use it 4 street/strip. adn i wuz bout usin the 4L80e trans. but wut adapter plate r u refferin 2?
Depending on what year 4l80e you're thinking of using, you may not have to get the adapter plate. The adapter plate is necessary when putting a different trans behind the LSx blocks if the trans doesnt have the correct bellhousing, its actually a crank spacer. As for the intake, Ive got a brand new GMPP single plane for that setup, and the MSD 6010 is the best controller to purchase because it allows you to program and tune better than the box that Edelbrock gives with its combo package.

A

Anonymous

Re: Update - 8-12-08

Edelbrock offers either a single plane or dual plane intake for carb that comes with the ignition control box for the coil packs. It's pricey, around $700 for the intake and ignition.

Again, transmission depends on what you want to use it for. If you're building a drag car, then a TH350 or TH400 would be your best (economical) bet. You'll have to get an adapter plate for the LSx engine. I'm running a stock 4L60E transmission to get good gas mileage. I got a crossmember from "Iceman" (see sponsors above).

I suggest you (re)ask the question in the LSx forum. I'm building mine for a 16 year old as a daily driver, so it's a conservative setup. Others can give you more information on a performance application.
LILBULL81 said:
i got a couple quick questions because im startin on a similar project but im usin a 6.0L

1.)wut kind of manifols/headers can i use and wuts tha cost?

2.) wut would be the best intake 2 use since i wanna use a carb.?(cost?)

3.)wut would be the best trans 2 use? and will i have any trans mount issues!?
[/quote]

well yea tha intake aint cheap at all. and i wanna use it 4 street/strip. adn i wuz bout usin the 4L80e trans. but wut adapter plate r u refferin 2?[/quote]
Depending on what year 4l80e you're thinking of using, you may not have to get the adapter plate. The adapter plate is necessary when putting a different trans behind the LSx blocks if the trans doesnt have the correct bellhousing, its actually a crank spacer. As for the intake, Ive got a brand new GMPP single plane for that setup, and the MSD 6010 is the best controller to purchase because it allows you to program and tune better than the box that Edelbrock gives with its combo package.[/quote]

SO WUT TRANS WOULD BE BEST 4 STREET/STRIP APP.? AND I WUZ JUST THINKIN BOUT BUYIN A INTAKE AND THEN FIGURE OUT WHICH MSD BOX WOULD WORL BETTER AS FAR AS TUNIN THE MOTOR!! THANKS 4 THE INFO Deuce4935!!

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!