HARWOOD HOODS RUN AWAY

HA guys i just won't to say don't use harwood hood the gave me the old f off about a hood coming apart .just gave me a real bad feeling and i would like to tell everone don't buy there stuff because they will not stand behind it the hood is less than a year old here are the pics this happen the first pass of drag week busted my windshield had to drive the rest of the way in my truck

http://www.carjunkietv.com/forum/index.php?topic=6110.30

my car is the white bu with the delaminated hood

81Elky

Frequent Racer
Apr 2, 2008
Indianapolis
All of these horror stories is why I purchased hood pins for the front.... I just hope that's all it takes.

cherp22

Top Fueler
Apr 12, 2004
Roxana, IL
Here is the pic for ya
dragweek002.jpg

and thanks for the headers... :mrgreen:

BadLatitude

Daily Driver
Jun 11, 2008
Greenwich CT
I saw that happen to a bu that ran before me in line. THEN having only 4 hood pins I ran and my hood ripped down the center smashed windshield and the rear passenger pin hung on long enough to yank the passenger fender back and over the edge of the door. This was caused by tons of passes knowing the hood was inflating alot from wind. I now run 4 pins across the front of my car and still run a harwood. That delamination is rediculas and yours in the 2nd ive seen happen on a bolt on malibu hood with pins THIS YEAR.

SURESHOT

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 29, 2008
LONG ISALND NEW YORK
I like and run glasstek myself i think they are built better ,,,jmo

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
BadLatitude said:
I saw that happen to a bu that ran before me in line. THEN having only 4 hood pins I ran and my hood ripped down the center smashed windshield and the rear passenger pin hung on long enough to yank the passenger fender back and over the edge of the door. This was caused by tons of passes knowing the hood was inflating alot from wind. I now run 4 pins across the front of my car and still run a harwood. That delamination is rediculas and yours in the 2nd ive seen happen on a bolt on malibu hood with pins THIS YEAR.

I'm not busting your chops, but just out of curiosity, do you run the inner fenders?

Tommy

beachbum29

Frequent Racer
Dec 20, 2004
Upstate, N.Y.
yeah.. that inner fender question is a good one.... i've got a harwood cowl on my bu, I think mine was one of the very first run of them as I got it back in winter of 1992. My only complaints are that it wasn't finished underneat which is not a big deal at all, and the front corners wing up at high speeds which has made me want to pin it, but still haven't decided.

JPF

Weekend Racer
Apr 20, 2006
Lees Summit, MO
Its an adhesion problem. Its the vacumn over the top of the hood pulling the top off, not a pressurized engine compartment lacking inner fenders. ;)

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!