cage1.jpg

cage2.jpg

inside_driver__done_11.jpg

inside_driver_done1.jpg

elcoholic

Amateur Racer
Feb 4, 2008
Omaha, NE
just got my elco out of the paint shop, so it's not put back together just yet...but here are some pics of the rollcage.

Attachments

• IMG_0632.JPG
    IMG_0632.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 3,775
  • IMG_0631.JPG
    IMG_0631.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 3,748
  • IMG_0627.JPG
    IMG_0627.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 3,860

eldabo

Pro Stocker
Aug 10, 2006
Mobile,Alabama
Man the elco looks great .

Excelerater

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 22, 2003
Memphis,TN
who needs a cage ?

IMG_1060.jpg

Brian79

Frequent Racer
Aug 21, 2008
Wataga, IL
ok, I have a 8 point cage and want to know where the rear down tubes need to be placed to properly tie in the frame/suspention? The car doesn't warrant a cage but one day it will and want it to be right. Safety now, Requirement later!

Do I bring them in through the speaker holes, cut through the trunk floor and run them staight down to the spring perch mounts? Saw the pics of Supe's car is that the right way cuz that's what I had in mind.

If Supe answers this, did you cut out the whole rearside panel in your car and if so do you still have the factory glass in or did you replace it with lexan. Trying to cut out as much useless stuff as I can!

Time Warp

Dragway Regular
Nov 1, 2006
Titusville , Florida
JMO ..... If its a reg frame ( not full notch ) Running it to the top of spring perch is what i see most do . You can always add a bar off each side that ties further back to the frame if you want .

If you have a notch you can add it there or tie it to a bar that runs from frame rail to frame rail .

Lovemy1981Malibu

Frequent Racer
Jan 16, 2009
Kettering, Ohio
I hope this doesn't come across as a dumb question. How do you guys paint your roll bars/cages. I'm especially interested in areas around the top of the car and around welding areas? And if you take the headliner out. How do you get it back in?

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!