Undercoating & Seam Sealer ??'s

81classic

Top Fueler
Jun 5, 2003
North Port, Fl
I was thinking about painting mine also, but since it will be raced & street driven quite a bit I'm thinking I need something a little more durable. I sprayed my frame with chasis black with a hardner, it seems pretty durable so far, I'm thinking about going that same route underneath.....

ILLEGAL REGAL

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jan 1, 2005
Tinley Park,IL
mines a race car too that'll be driven on the street time to time.. no daily driver but I like the finished look and the goal is to have something that flies and is quality enough to not feel out of place if I entered it in a car show next to these $100k show cars

Mike

Pro Stocker
May 27, 2003
New York
Ive used 3M Body Schutz to undercoat cars and trucks that Ive owned since the mid 80s. Comes in a qt can, mix it well, screw it to the gun and start spraying. You can get a gun on ebay or Harbor Freight for cheap and always have it. The stuff dries hard and you can even paint it. I put 2 coats on my 81 and used a little more air pressure to make it a little smoother.

81classic

Top Fueler
Jun 5, 2003
North Port, Fl
As I get under the car pressure washed I'm noticing the undercoating is only towards the sides. The center of the car is just paint. I'm leaning towards painting the underside, & undercoating the wheel well area's.

Mike

Pro Stocker
May 27, 2003
New York
I took off all the original stuff with a very sharp scrapper, cleaned off everything with thinners on a rag and shot it all with the Schutz. First coat went front to back, second I went side to side. I think it gave it a nice clean look. Just my opinion.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts