HARWOOD HOODS RUN AWAY

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
JPF said:
Its an adhesion problem. Its the vacumn over the top of the hood pulling the top off, not a pressurized engine compartment lacking inner fenders. ;)

That's basically what I was trying to say. The lack of inner fenders allows more positive pressure to build under the hood. It tries to equalize with the low pressure above the hood through the cowl scoop opening & lifts the top half of the hood off the bottom because the two halves aren't held together all that well. I'm going to hazard a guess that the cars that this happens to most often or not have no cowl to carb pan seal. Even if the lack of inner fenders makes no difference, (most pro stock racers run them) the lack of a carb pan seal makes a HUGE difference.

Tommy

10secBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Westminster, MD
Hood pins on the front corners certainly would have helped.

But, the two layers de-laminating is a bad deal and Harwood should stand up and take care of the issue.

Jeff.Mc.KC

Amateur Racer
Jun 11, 2006
Pump Gas Small BlockVille USA
with the lower 1/2 still on it I dont see the problem with no front wheel wells, that was a bad deal for you Bro, that thing gets it !

bbaehr22x

Dragway Regular
Mar 21, 2005
North Ridgeville, ohio
I had that exact thing happen to me a couple years back. Mine cracked the windshield, pretty spiderwebbed the entire windshield. I have inner fenders in my car also. It was definitly a problem of not having hood pins. I actually recemented the hood back together and am still using it. Again, Harwood did nothing for me, just told me that I should have had hood pins. However, I had purchased the hood from Summit, and they told me that they would not replace it, but they would give me a new one for half price.

Jordan81

Pro Stocker
Feb 10, 2004
wichita, ks
it looks like air got underneath it and it just ripped off. how is the top part of the hood? if it is in ok shape it looks like it might be fixable

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!