6.0 motor and transmission are in!!! - NOW A STICKY

Roller406Bu

Frequent Racer
Sep 10, 2003
Elizabethtown Ky
RegalLS said:
For the headers you used the drivers side Schoenfeld and the pacesetter on the passenger side? I have the Schoenfeld set but I haven't test fit them yet. I also have the transdapt mount kit for mine but the moroso mounts I have put the engine too low and the pan hits the K member. Can you post that information or PM me for building the clamshell mounts?

Arthur

I used the factory clamshell mounts...You are correct on the header question....

Glatt

Daily Driver
Nov 13, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
Roller406Bu said:
RegalLS said:
For the headers you used the drivers side Schoenfeld and the pacesetter on the passenger side? I have the Schoenfeld set but I haven't test fit them yet. I also have the transdapt mount kit for mine but the moroso mounts I have put the engine too low and the pan hits the K member. Can you post that information or PM me for building the clamshell mounts?

Arthur

I used the factory clamshell mounts...You are correct on the header question....

Allright thanks..

Glatt

Daily Driver
Nov 13, 2008
I got my engine and transmission in this last weekend. Test fit my headers and the passenger side header fits almost perfect. I have the Schoenfeld 186LS1-3 set and my fitment couldn't be better. Ther drivers side header is a real b*tch to get in but seems to fit nice ones its in place.I had to massage the bottom of the passenger header but it wasn't much of a change.

Arthur

Stangboy

Dragway Regular
Jan 27, 2004
Ky
Hey regal, what oil pan did you use? Did the solid mounts drop it much?

Glatt

Daily Driver
Nov 13, 2008
Stangboy said:
Hey regal, what oil pan did you use? Did the solid mounts drop it much?

I used the truck pan. No fitment issues at all. The sump hangs a little low for my liking, but ohh well. The original solid mounts that I modified probably would have worked now that the engine is sitting where it should be.

After test fitting the engine 4 times with the base plates in the front holes, and trying different mounts I had the engine side of the mounts made. I test fitted everything with a spare trans housing I had and the cross member was 3/4" too far back. I moved the base plates to the farthest back holes in the K member. My transmission crossmember lines up perfectly now ( no modification to the stock trans cross member ). I have approx 1/2" clearance beneath the pan to the k member ( just enough for the steering components to clear ).
If I remember, I will take some pictures tonight and post them for you.

Arthur

mont

Daily Driver
Sep 5, 2008
eden,north carolina
that oil or water line cross over the vally from head to head.the part with the cut off hose on it were did you run that line to???

Attachments

• 000_0021.jpg
    000_0021.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 3,091

Roller406Bu

Frequent Racer
Sep 10, 2003
Elizabethtown Ky
mont said:
that oil or water line cross over the vally from head to head.the part with the cut off hose on it were did you run that line to???

I ran it to the overflow on the radiator...

Glatt

Daily Driver
Nov 13, 2008
Hey Roller. Have you had a chance to run your car at the track at all? Just curious of times if you have..

Sorry for the picture post hijack. :oops: I will start my own thread sometime and post my pictures.

Arthur

Roller406Bu

Frequent Racer
Sep 10, 2003
Elizabethtown Ky
RegalLS said:
Hey Roller. Have you had a chance to run your car at the track at all? Just curious of times if you have..

Sorry for the picture post hijack. :oops: I will start my own thread sometime and post my pictures.

Arthur

10.95@125 1.58 60'...hit the limiter twice, woops....Car should go some .70's...This on a 150 shot spraying off a push button a few feet off the line....car runs 11.70-80 on motor...Should run better, still have stocker upppers and pinion angle has not been set yet...Should have a vid soon at the track...Need to get it on a dyno and see what the motor likes timing wise...Not bad though for a pump gas, cam, intake and small shot street car to be in the 10's, I'm happy..
BowlingGreenMarch072009040.jpg

BowlingGreenMarch072009041.jpg

Glatt

Daily Driver
Nov 13, 2008
Right on. Thanks for the info..

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!